This is an introduction

  1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » This is an introduction

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Kat333
 
Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 05:31 pm
Hi! My name is Katharine, and my friends call me Kat. I'm 15 years old, and I was raised Science of Mind. When I was 9, my parents started taking me to a Christian Church. I loved it until about three years ago, when I started to doubt it and do more thinking than I had before. Now, when I'm asked what religion I follow, I respond "I prefer philosophy".
I was always very connected with the world, or the higher power, or with other people, whichever you want to believe. For example, when I was 4 years old, I told my mom that she was pregnant with two twin girls, now my little sisters, before she even knew she had conceived. At the time I thought that I was just very connected with God, but now, I'm not quite sure what that was about.
I'm bisexual, and open-minded about almost everything. I take pride in that, even though i know there's obviously room for improvement.
I'm also a literature lover, and hope to eventually get a degree in world literature, with a minor in philosophy.

Not to bore you, I'll leave it at that, and add simply that I'm looking forward to participating in the forums here.

--Kat
 
Dunkler Schatten
 
Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 05:41 pm
@Kat333,
lololol I know you!
 
William
 
Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 05:56 pm
@Kat333,
Hello Kat and welcome to the forum. Considering your age you might want to consider rather than being bi-sexual, you may be just confused. Just an offering. No offense meant I assure you. Again, welcome to this global ship.

William
 
Didymos Thomas
 
Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 06:06 pm
@William,
Or just taking part in what is a very natural exploratory phase in life, William.

Welcome to the forum, Katt! I think you will find good company here - apart from the interest in philosophy shared by everyone here, there are also many among us who are lovers of literature like yourself.
 
Kat333
 
Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 08:31 pm
@William,
William;80074 wrote:
Hello Kat and welcome to the forum. Considering your age you might want to consider rather than being bi-sexual, you may be just confused. Just an offering. No offense meant I assure you. Again, welcome to this global ship.

William


Thanks for the welcome. And yes, I do know that. I haven't written my sexuality in stone quite yet. But that's what I identify as currently, so I figured I might as well write it in my introduction.

---------- Post added 07-28-2009 at 07:33 PM ----------

Didymos Thomas;80078 wrote:
Or just taking part in what is a very natural exploratory phase in life, William.

Welcome to the forum, Katt! I think you will find good company here - apart from the interest in philosophy shared by everyone here, there are also many among us who are lovers of literature like yourself.



Smile Thank you very much for the welcome. Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to participating in it.
 
Justin
 
Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 10:04 pm
@Kat333,
Warm welcome to you Kat! I too was once in your shoes, (not bisexual) and it's good of you to desire to go further down into that rabbit hole and discover who you are. Philosophy is sometimes complicated with philosophy but there is a good gathering of many minds on this forum and although uniquely different, we're all learning from each other.

Welcome and hope you enjoy the forums. If you ever have any concerns about anything, feel free to PM myself or one of the moderators. Oh, and thank you for the thorough introduction!
 
Caroline
 
Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 12:58 am
@Kat333,
Hey Kat welcome to the forum. Willaim my Dad is bi and he's 59 is that a stage he's going through?
 
William
 
Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 09:00 am
@Caroline,
Caroline;80129 wrote:
Hey Kat welcome to the forum. Willaim my Dad is bi and he's 59 is that a stage he's going through?


I can't answer that, Caroline? Is this a "new" phenomenon he is going through, or an established one? But I am compelled to ask if your Mother and Father are still together????????:perplexed:

William

---------- Post added 07-29-2009 at 10:40 AM ----------

Didymos Thomas;80078 wrote:
Or just taking part in what is a very natural exploratory phase in life, William.


Thanks DT for that observation. At this stage of my life I can't help but ponder why such "exploration" exists? Did we create it, or is it innate? :perplexed:Smile

Sincerely,
William
 
jgweed
 
Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 09:50 am
@Kat333,
Welcome to the Philforum.
Whether you are straight, bi, or gay, you are a thinking, feeling human being first, and that is what is important in life.
Regards,
John
 
Dunkler Schatten
 
Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 04:04 pm
@Kat333,
Whether or not its a phase, I support her. Cause shes my friend. No matter how much we disagree. Which is nearly all the time.
 
Kat333
 
Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 04:25 pm
@Justin,
Justin;80109 wrote:
Warm welcome to you Kat! I too was once in your shoes, (not bisexual) and it's good of you to desire to go further down into that rabbit hole and discover who you are. Philosophy is sometimes complicated with philosophy but there is a good gathering of many minds on this forum and although uniquely different, we're all learning from each other.

Welcome and hope you enjoy the forums. If you ever have any concerns about anything, feel free to PM myself or one of the moderators. Oh, and thank you for the thorough introduction!



Smile Thank you for your support, and yeah, one of my first thoughts when I went on this website was "Wow, there are a lot of very smart people here."

---------- Post added 07-29-2009 at 03:26 PM ----------

Dunkler_Schatten;80238 wrote:
Whether or not its a phase, I support her. Cause shes my friend. No matter how much we disagree. Which is nearly all the time.


Lol, yeah. What with this 'nearly' you speak of? The only thing we've ever actually agreed on is that we don't agree on anything.
 
Didymos Thomas
 
Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 04:51 pm
@Kat333,
William;80175 wrote:

Thanks DT for that observation. At this stage of my life I can't help but ponder why such "exploration" exists? Did we create it, or is it innate? :perplexed:Smile


It is completely natural and has been observed in humans since record has been kept. Homosexuality, bisexuality, and sexual curiosity and exploration, in young and in old, are all natural to humans, just as natural as heterosexuality. Some people take issue with lifestyles other than their own, which is their prerogative, but these are completely natural to human beings - and to a great many other mammalian species.

Those are facts.

Sexuality, regardless of the sort, is something to be celebrated and appreciated. Human sexuality has a great deal to do with the emotional connection between humans; no matter who shares that connection, it is a relationship to be treasured.
 
Dunkler Schatten
 
Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2009 09:34 pm
@Kat333,
Quote:
Lol, yeah. What with this 'nearly' you speak of? The only thing we've ever actually agreed on is that we don't agree on anything.
Well not on anything philosophical no. We can agree on attractiveness of males most of the time.
 
Lily
 
Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 08:49 am
@Kat333,
Hello and welcome, you seem like a nice person:). Looking forward to discussing with you.
 
Kat333
 
Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 10:01 am
@Lily,
Lily;80528 wrote:
Hello and welcome, you seem like a nice person:). Looking forward to discussing with you.



Smile Thank you!
May I say that your signature is just...amazing? Laughing

---------- Post added 07-31-2009 at 09:02 AM ----------

Dunkler_Schatten;80293 wrote:
Well not on anything philosophical no. We can agree on attractiveness of males most of the time.



lolololol. XD Very true. And very good point.
 
William
 
Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2009 11:22 am
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas;80247 wrote:
It is completely natural and has been observed in humans since record has been kept. Homosexuality, bisexuality, and sexual curiosity and exploration, in young and in old, are all natural to humans, just as natural as heterosexuality. Some people take issue with lifestyles other than their own, which is their prerogative, but these are completely natural to human beings - and to a great many other mammalian species.

Those are facts.

Sexuality, regardless of the sort, is something to be celebrated and appreciated. Human sexuality has a great deal to do with the emotional connection between humans; no matter who shares that connection, it is a relationship to be treasured.


DT, in all due respect as I have a notion of what is was meant to be; after observing what it has become, let us just disagree, for now.

William
 
 

 
  1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » This is an introduction
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 10/20/2021 at 09:03:21