Hello Everybody

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:24 am
My name is Muhammad Arif. I am from Pakistan. I have started interest in philosophy as a subject quite recently but I have been a lover of philosophers since my college days. Hope to learn here and share my thoughts if they are of interest to you.

jgweed

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:42 am
@Arif phil,
Welcome to the Philforum.
I hope you will find subjects of interest and enjoy the many different viewpoints expressed in the threads, and will add your own contribution to our common philosophical journey.
Regards,
John

Arif phil

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 12:28 pm
@jgweed,
jgweed;78788 wrote:
Welcome to the Philforum.
I hope you will find subjects of interest and enjoy the many different viewpoints expressed in the threads, and will add your own contribution to our common philosophical journey.
Regards,
John

I like the word "our" so much. It has a subjective appeal to me in the sense that it confirms our interdependence on one another. Who knows we would be able to get rid of individual anxieties by making them collective and find a solace in a shared existence acceptable to all.
Thank you and Thank us.Smile

---------- Post added 07-22-2009 at 11:19 PM ----------

I am so excited to see myriads of threads of my interest. It reminded me of my little niece who was over-enthusiastic when she for the first time entered a children park. She had come with me from my village to Islamabad (capital of Pakistan). She was amazingly perplexed which item to play first. Nice feelings here.

GoshisDead

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 01:24 pm
@Arif phil,
Arif:
I too like the word "our". It can both include and exclude, its the most intimate and the most destructive. Polarity in meaning is fascinating, anyway cheers and welcome.

Russ

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 04:11 pm
@Arif phil,
Welcome to the forum Arif! Glad to have you aboard.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 09:04:23