Salutations...wow that was lame.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Salutations...wow that was lame.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 12:11 pm
Now that I think I have your attention, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Aleksandar, Aleks for short, I was born in Bosnia & Herzegovina in 1992 and I moved to the States at a very young age. I like video games, like most teenage boys, and I have an interest in the medical field when I grow up. Umm, that's about it for now, I'd also like to say that I hope I'll have a fun time here, learning and continuing to grow.

Peace.

MrEnigma

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 12:28 pm
@Leviathen249,
Let me be one of the first ones to say "Welcome".

jgweed

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 12:30 pm
@Leviathen249,
You don't have to be a teenager to like video games!
Welcome to Philforum; I hope you find topics that challenge you to think and to participate in.
Regards,
John

Leviathen249

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 12:50 pm
@jgweed,
Thanks guys!Smile
Hope to see more kindhearted people like you here.

William

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 03:59 pm
@Leviathen249,
Hello Leviathian 249 and welcome. I think you will fit right in here as I recognize your sense of humor indicated by your avatar. Ha. Sense of humor, so often lacking in forums such as these, sad to say. Again welcome.

William

PoeticVisionary

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 04:12 pm
@Leviathen249,
Welcome on board this.....board. Anyway I agree jgweed, you definitely don't have to be a teen to like video games. Good luck and have fun Leviathen249.

Leviathen249

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2009 06:16 pm
@PoeticVisionary,
I assume you both are video game enthusiasts. Anyway, I never said that only teenage boys like video games, I said most, which in fact I shouldn't have said since I haven't met all teenage boys. But since I assume you both like video games then we have a thing in common besides this forum. Very Happy
I hope I don't have to clarify everything I type. Razz

jgweed

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 05:52 am
@Leviathen249,
Hahahahaha. No, you don't have to, but I am happy to see that you know HOW.
John

kennethamy

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 01:06 pm
@Leviathen249,
Leviathen249;78504 wrote:
I assume you both are video game enthusiasts. Anyway, I never said that only teenage boys like video games, I said most, which in fact I shouldn't have said since I haven't met all teenage boys. But since I assume you both like video games then we have a thing in common besides this forum. Very Happy
I hope I don't have to clarify everything I type. Razz

The fact that you don't know all teenage boys shows that you do not know that all teenage boys like video games. It does not show that you do not know that only teenage boys like video games. For that means that all those who like video games are teen age boys. And that is different from all teen age boys like video games. You have made a mistake in logic. You have confused, All X is Y, with all Y is X.

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 04:16 pm
@Leviathen249,
Welcome to the forum! We are glad you took the time to introduce yourself, and enjoy your stay!

Leviathen249

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 04:16 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy;78654 wrote:
The fact that you don't know all teenage boys shows that you do not know that all teenage boys like video games. It does not show that you do not know that only teenage boys like video games. For that means that all those who like video games are teen age boys. And that is different from all teen age boys like video games. You have made a mistake in logic. You have confused, All X is Y, with all Y is X.

Wow, wasn't expecting that from a simple grammatical error on my part. But thanks for correcting me even though I don't completely understand what you're talking about. Am I to expect this every time I mistype something from you guys?

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 04:22 pm
@Leviathen249,
No, just from certain members. Most of us are not too concerned about mistypes as long as the general post makes sense. We generally want members to use spell check at least so the posts are not littered with spelling errors.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Salutations...wow that was lame.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 06:49:19