lets get this over with

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » lets get this over with

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Glith

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 12:45 pm
so, I'm obviously new here.

Hoping to learn and discuss quite a series of ideals.

that's about it, so who else is out there?

jgweed

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 02:02 pm
@Glith,
Well I for one am out there.
Welcome to Philforum!
I think you will find the discussions (and sometimes, arguments---but always made in a courteous manner) interesting and wide-ranging in subject matter.
Regards,
John

Glith

Reply Tue 14 Jul, 2009 07:20 pm
@Glith,
thanks a lot mate.

Caroline

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 12:21 am
@Glith,
Hello from out here, welcome to the forum Glith.Smile

Glith

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 01:47 am
@Glith,
Thanks, looking forward to this.

pagan

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 03:21 pm
@Glith,
hi glith

i am very new here too Smile

Zetherin

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 03:36 pm
@Glith,
Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Don't hesitate to join right into any discussions you find of interest!

Glith

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 04:18 pm
@Glith,
nice to know pagan, maybe we'll stuble into each other.

thanks Zetherin, I'll keep that in mind.

KaseiJin

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 05:59 pm
@Glith,
Just because I've not had time to properly welcome folks as they come stumbling, sometimes rushing, into the realm of Philosophy Forum, for a good--I mean, really good--long while, I'll take advantage of this early morning moment of silence before the storms of student activity, as they come stampeding across the lawns, malls, and parking lots, hit us full force, to say WELCOME to the forum !!

Now as for who may be out there, or may be in here, I'll leave to others to contend with (although it is true that I am in your 'out there,' all the while being only 'here' (which might best be seen as a 'in here?'). And, one question: for a person who, unless I am grossly mistaken, appears to reside in Florida, USA, would it not be a bit unusual to show appreciation to one with a 'thanks mate?' (just curious)

See you 'round !! KJ

Glith

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 07:57 pm
@Glith,
To answer your question regarding my location and my choice of word to include in my thanks, it's simple, there is no reason for it; well not in the sense of 'I'm actually British and moved here at fifteen", but I will admit that I do fancy the word and always had from a young age (and by young age I mean about five years back) so while in reality I do not include it a lot in face to face interactions (which I might add when I do, I get quite a few laughs and fingers pointed my way) when it comes to interacting through writing specially to give thank, it tends to "slip out" in the sense that I am aware I am writing it, I am aware that I am not in the absolute British, yet I chose to stand by my choice of words and my way of thanking.

Might I add, thanks for the kindly welcome, mate!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » lets get this over with
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 02:48:12