Hi! I am a new member here

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Hi! I am a new member here

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2009 09:40 pm
Hi everybody!

I am a new member here. I am here because I am interested in philosophy. Philosophy is a discipline that can fascinate anyone. everyone has a question or questions about himself, his relation with the universe.

I am too curious, and this curiosity has started when was a kid. I had so many questions in life and my elders never could answer them.

I know that some of the questions we arise in life can never be answered. Yet the joy of asking and discussing them is really engaging.

Life is notwithstanding so many scientific inquiries and findings is still a subject of mystery. It was a subject of mystery thousands years ago.

Our ancestors too were highly inquisitive about the universe, the extent of it and our position in this vast and ever expanding universe. They were startled at the lengths and breadths of this universe.

And there comes in God's existence. Almost all countries have people believing in God, His omnipotence, omnipresence and omniscience.

Some of us are theists, and others are atheists.

But all are simply amazed at the creation of this universe.

People have natural curiosities.

And of course to discuss, but with no intent of finding answers I am here.

Maybe the answer is in the question!

salima

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 12:12 am
@haribol acharya,
happy to meet you hari, and welcome!
if i have all the questions does it mean i have all the answers? the longer i live the more i think up and dont even stop to answer any...the questions keep changing.

Caroline

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 02:38 am
@haribol acharya,
Great introducton, welcome aboard haribol.

jgweed

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 09:20 am
@haribol acharya,
Aristotle was correct when he wrote that philosophy begins with wonder, or puzzlement. It can show us what is false and silly and show us many different ways of comprehending the universe that deepens our understanding. Whether it can ever show us what is true will depend whether truth is something that does not evolve and grow and deepen as we do.
Welcome to the Philforum.
Regards,
John

pagan

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:33 am
@jgweed,
hi haribol

i am steve and also a new member...... the understanding of our ancestors interests me very much as a modern pagan Smile

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 08:08 am
@pagan,
There is little culture in this world. What happend to Bourgeoisie, Middle-Class, and lower Nobility. With Our Poets, Pinters & Sculpters. Quality gone...

OPUS HUMANIDAD sounds well:bigsmile:

$dollar ? For what ? Education

sometime sun

Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 05:16 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Welcome,
Hope your stay is a worthwhile endeavour.
Welcome.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Hi! I am a new member here
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:45:29