Fire, walk with me.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Fire, walk with me.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 01:44 pm
Greetings. I stumbled upon this forum while doing a Google search query on "philosophical questions." And by questions I meant prompts. I graduated university with a minor in Philosophy and don't want to get rusty so was hoping for some philosophical questions and writing prompts.

Also, I must admit that I've been reading a lot of true crime novels instead of anything philosophy related since I graduated from school in December '08. (Where does all that time go?)

Other facts some might find irrelevant:
Meyer-briggs: INTJ
I'm seeking employment but I seem either underqualified or overqualified for everything I find. (Mostly the former.) I've almost given up hope fo finding employment and it causes me great depressions. To top it off I am uncomfortable in social situation and have severe anxiety causing very painful stomach/digestion problems. This has been going on for years now. Although, people think I'm outgoing, my charm is very superficial and when I speak, it's nervous talk.
IQ: 144 according to unreliable internet testing; I've never taken the actual one and I wonder if IQ really means anything or if testing is accurate or fair.
I'm a middle child and strongly believe in middle child syndrome.
I studied Film production and enjoy writing screenplays and thinking up movies but my movies are not like Hollywood blockbusters so I have almost no hope of selling any of my screenplays, which are heavily influenced by philosophical ideas. My stories are similar to those you might find by Godard or Bergmann. Sounds nice, but not if you're looking to make a living off of screenwriting.

Any other questions? I'll try to answer fully and honestly.

Arya

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 02:08 pm
@FireWalkWithMe,
first of all welcome to you sister in forum [ i am like you new just today i registred]

secondly, Congraglution because you gradute from universtay maybe its late but accept it please Smile

sister you have to know that all gradutiion face the same problem [unemployment] dont say about your self unqlify ,,entring universtay it self make you qulify even for one year,,,sister the qulify is not just certifcate market need qulify personlity and it sound to me that your Gifted

sister you must know that there is a god this god listen to you when you ask,,help you when you need

remeber if you feel dperss there is a god up listning for you,,,,people may leave you but god will not leave you belive me sister

finally,Remember that the unemployment problem pursue every graduate
its global problem and not a personal problem the fault is not your fault so don't feel guilt or sorrow

at the end all what i can do is to raise my hand to sky and I pray to God to guide you and help you get rid of your worries

our god listens and responds

William

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 04:37 pm
@FireWalkWithMe,
Welcome firewalker. I, too am a INTJ, for whatever that is supposed to be. Ha. So was Hammibal Lector, so they say. Ha,and hmmm? Just kidding. Looking forward to engaging you as we exchange thoughts, perceptions and opinions. It should be interesting.

Again, Welcome.

William

Holiday20310401

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 08:28 pm
@William,
Welcome to the forums Fire. I wonder what personality type God would be.

FireWalkWithMe

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 06:56 pm
@FireWalkWithMe,
Thank you all for welcoming me to the forums.
Holiday, that's a good question.

Leonard

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 07:21 pm
@FireWalkWithMe,
First of all, welcome to the forum.

FireWalkWithMe;72790 wrote:
Although, people think I'm outgoing, my charm is very superficial and when I speak, it's nervous talk.QUOTE]
I had the same problem for awhile. However, now I come off as cold and agressive to some people..

Anyway, I hope to see you in the forum. Also, consider using the lounge, because very interesting conversations and debates arise there.Smile

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

Holiday20310401;72920 wrote:
I wonder what personality type God would be.

I like that question, Holiday. Perhaps you could start a forum or a blog entry on the subject?

FireWalkWithMe

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2009 03:23 pm
@FireWalkWithMe,
Thank you Leonard. I really like this forum. I'm sure I will be here for quite a while.

Leonard

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 07:10 pm
@FireWalkWithMe,
INTJ? There's too few of them. Luckily most philosophers are INTJ, and most INTJ are born philosophers. I am ESTJ, whatever that means. I suppose it makes me a minority in the world of philosophy, as do other things..

Shadow Dragon

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 11:06 am
@FireWalkWithMe,
Cool, I'm an INTJ also. Welcome to the forum. Oh, and I have social anxiety also, so I get how much of a pain in the ass that can be.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Fire, walk with me.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 02:57:43