Ni Hao! Hello! Bonjour! Guten Tag!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Ni Hao! Hello! Bonjour! Guten Tag!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 10:25 pm
Ni hao~! ^_^

I am a teenage Hong Konger... I am an internet writer, both Chinese and English (My French and German is too poor to write a good composition... since I have learnt for just a short period).

I am interested in classical music (Hayley Westenra's fan...), so I am interested in aesthetics. Besides, I am good at logic (classmates call me as "master of logic"...). My philosophical writings are about metaphysics and philosophy of religion usually.

I am a rationalist, but tends to a liberalist in politics. As a Protestant, due to my strange tendancy of belief, somebody think I am too liberal while the others say I am too conservative... that's the result of "taking a middle course", maybe.

What I am interested in is to apply the theories in other academic studies or daily living instead of meaningless debate... but I don't believe in realism and materialism at all. The questions that I am interested in is that:

The limit of human
The process of human's thinking (commonly speaking)
The influence of time to us (recently I have written a long essay about this topic...)
The existence of God (The functionaries of religion socially and individually)
The world surrouding us (relationship between material and idea)

I wish more people would notice my essays here... here is my blog: doctorandrewtam's Xanga Site

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

well... it's strange. I have post a topic here already, but still I cannot post any themes in other forums... why?

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 10:40 pm
@patriarch,
Welcome to the forum, patriarch. You should be able to post a topic in a short period of time. It takes a little time for the forum to recognize your status as an official member. While you are waiting, you can always respond to other topics that interest you.

Justin

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 10:52 pm
@patriarch,
Warm welcome to you patriarch! Appreciate the detailed introduction. Please do make yourself at home and feel free to reply to any thread on the forum.

richrf

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 08:22 am
@Justin,
Hi there. Looking forward to talking to you further.

Rich

jgweed

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 10:13 am
@patriarch,
Welcome to Philforum!
New Members can initiate a post in this forum immediately, but to start a thread elsewhere on the site, they must reply to at least one existing thread. This helps prevent the forums from becoming flooded with spam.

The topics that interest you are some of the most important that philosophy has attempted to investigate. I am sure you will find much to think about and much to write about here.
Regards,
John

William

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 10:40 am
@patriarch,
Welcome young man and "Howdy" to you. I thought I might try and make you feel right at home here, so:

YouTube - Hayley Westenra - Celtic Treasure - New Album

William

Joe

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 11:50 am
@William,
Welcome,

Very nice intro. You'll like it here.

Peace

patriarch

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 09:35 pm
@William,
William;72736 wrote:
Welcome young man and "Howdy" to you. I thought I might try and make you feel right at home here, so:

YouTube - Hayley Westenra - Celtic Treasure - New Album

William

Oh Hayley...:a-ok::a-ok::a-ok:
Although the album "Treasure" (International Version) is a bit old (released in 2007...), thanks a lot

William

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 09:56 pm
@patriarch,
You're welcome. My Pleasure.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Ni Hao! Hello! Bonjour! Guten Tag!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 07:14:36