Confused teenager seeking truth and direction

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Confused teenager seeking truth and direction

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2009 01:59 pm
Hey.

im 17 from Cornwall england

I have joined this forum as I was banned from the forum on the personal development website Steve Pavlina for being critical of his ideas and a product he was promoting!

This was previously my main source of discussing ideas and learning but I think has been to focused on making a profit. This made me very paranoid about all of the beliefs i had installed by reading his articles. Such as. Subjective reality.

Im here to get a grasp on truth from more people.

I want to go far. I am aware of the great beauty of everything good or bad.

Thanks.

PS. It wont let me post threads anywhere else yet. When will it let me?

Didymos Thomas

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2009 02:15 pm
@glasstrees,
You will be able to post new threads after replying to pre-existing threads.

Welcome to the forum, dwixi.

richrf

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2009 04:35 pm
@glasstrees,
dwixi;71452 wrote:
Hey.

im 17 from Cornwall england

I have joined this forum as I was banned from the forum on the personal development website Personal Development for Smart People - Steve Pavlina for being critical of his ideas and a product he was promoting!

This was previously my main source of discussing ideas and learning but I think has been to focused on making a profit. This made me very paranoid about all of the beliefs i had installed by reading his articles. Such as. Subjective reality.

Im here to get a grasp on truth from more people.

I want to go far. I am aware of the great beauty of everything good or bad.

Thanks.

PS. It wont let me post threads anywhere else yet. When will it let me?

Well, Hi there! Looks to me like you had a very good lesson about how people go about marketing themselves and making money by suggesting they have the Truth. It is an excellent lesson you received!

Welcome aboard.

Rich

Lily

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 02:34 am
@glasstrees,
Yes, another confused teenager, just like me Smile Welcome

xris

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 02:41 am
@Lily,
Welcome,notice im from gods county as well.I think you will find many wise heads here,not me exactly but you wont be disappointed.

glasstrees

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 04:53 am
@xris,
xris;71646 wrote:
Welcome,notice im from gods county as well.I think you will find many wise heads here,not me exactly but you wont be disappointed.

Witch part of Cornwall are you from?

And I hope they don't drive me insane with conflicting views.

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

richrf;71518 wrote:
Well, Hi there! Looks to me like you had a very good lesson about how people go about marketing themselves and making money by suggesting they have the Truth. It is an excellent lesson you received!

Welcome aboard.

Rich

Personal Development for Smart People - Steve Pavlina

(NOT SPAM)

what do you think of his site? Alot of his ideas are actually good. But the way he pushes them in the direction of you buying stuff is bad.

xris

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 05:41 am
@glasstrees,
Redruth Camborne area,they may well send you nuts but thats the chance you take with life...dont be specific with your location,its never a good idea.Xris

glasstrees

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 05:43 am
@xris,
xris;71680 wrote:
Redruth Camborne area,they may well send you nuts but thats the chance you take with life...dont be specific with your location,its never a good idea.Xris

OKay. and really? Why? will I get people hunting me down to kill me because they don't like my ideas Very Happy

And cool. I'm the same kind of area too!

xris

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 05:58 am
@glasstrees,
dwixi;71682 wrote:
OKay. and really? Why? will I get people hunting me down to kill me because they don't like my ideas Very Happy

And cool. I'm the same kind of area too!
Thanks for that link it looks good..I can remember one muslim, i had made friends with on a certain forum, posted a photo of himself on a council estate, not far from us so i could pop around for tea.I had to remind him that there could be some nasty people observing the forum and might take advantage of his innocence.

richrf

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 07:22 am
@glasstrees,
dwixi;71659 wrote:

Personal Development for Smart People - Steve Pavlina

(NOT SPAM)

what do you think of his site? Alot of his ideas are actually good. But the way he pushes them in the direction of you buying stuff is bad.

I don't subscribe to his approach, but if it works for you then that is what counts. Everyone is different.

Rich

glasstrees

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 01:49 pm
@richrf,
richrf;71702 wrote:
I don't subscribe to his approach, but if it works for you then that is what counts. Everyone is different.

Rich

Surely if it works for you isnt a good approach?

I see Mega new born Christians with blind faith because they have had a bad past. But because of this they achieve alot in the name of jesus. Dont get me wrong I think you can do Christianity right. There are alot of wise Christians. But you know the type i mean? There just crazy.

EquesLignite

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 04:35 pm
@glasstrees,
Welcome to this forum. I guess I am a tad too old to be called a teenager, but I share many teenagers' concerns as a typical college student. Philosophy is so deep and captivating.

3k1yp2

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 04:32 pm
@glasstrees,
welcome to the site! im 18 and going to college next year. i have a feeling you'll love this site. a word of warning: watch your wording because some people disect what you say and...

Leonard

Reply Wed 3 Feb, 2010 09:35 pm
@richrf,
It's unfortunate that other philosophy, religion, or science-based forums are only out there for financial gain and popularity. This forum is great; I haven't happened upon a better philosophy forum than the Philosophy Forum :a-ok:. This is a great place to discuss and i'm sure you'll find plenty of interesting people here to exchange ideas with. Anyway, welcome to the forum.

kennethamy

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 07:21 am
@3k1yp2,
3k1yp2;124777 wrote:
welcome to the site! im 18 and going to college next year. i have a feeling you'll love this site. a word of warning: watch your wording because some people disect what you say and...

If what you say matters to the truth of what you say, then it is right to dissect what you say. But, if what you say does not matter to the truth of what you say, then it is wrong to dissect what you say. It is as simple as that.

xris

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 08:40 am
@kennethamy,
And if you dissect what you have dissected then its dissected, by dissection.Have you dissected that?

kennethamy

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 09:42 am
@xris,
xris;124875 wrote:
And if you dissect what you have dissected then its dissected, by dissection.Have you dissected that?

If it is a frog.

Shinhyung

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 10:17 am
@glasstrees,
Hey, I'm another confused teenager from England. Nice to meet you!

xris

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 11:12 am
@Shinhyung,
Shinhyung;125431 wrote:
Hey, I'm another confused teenager from England. Nice to meet you!
If only, Im confused and I am an old git.

Lily

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 04:59 am
@glasstrees,
Everyone is confused, some are just so confused that they don't know it..

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Confused teenager seeking truth and direction
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:13:20