Bonjour - Konnichiwa

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Bonjour - Konnichiwa

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Altheia

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 10:05 pm
Hello everyone.
I am a French student , third year of high school (during which we start Philosophy courses) and am currently in Japan where I am spending a year. I never thought of registering to a philosophy forum until I arrived in a community where philosophy barely holds a meaning at all, and I realized that reading books by myself wasn't as interesting at all as discussing with other people.
Nice to meet you all.

VideCorSpoon

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 11:18 pm
@Altheia,
Welcome to the forum Aletheia!

I'm surprised that your community in Japan lacks substantial philosophical groundings. But that's probably the exoticist in me that thinks half the male population in Japan are samurais and all the women in Japan wear Kimonos on a daily basis. Big Anime and import car lover, so I can freely say "you lucky bastard."

But you'll definitely find the forum very interesting and a whole bunch of people ready to discuss philosophical issues with you. But I completely agree about just reading philosophy doesn't cut it, you definitely have to discuss it to get the full effect. By the way, is there any particular aspect of philosophy you are particularly interested in?

P.S. While in Japan, watch out for sales and ninjas... because they wont just cut prices... they'll cut you.

KaseiJin

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 01:19 am
@Altheia,
The sun is still hidden behind the anger that the afternoon thunderhead pushed ahead of its sudden outburst, the day being much drabber than it had been in the morning, but it will not stop me from shouting out a big YOUKOSOU !! Welcome to the forum.

This'll make 3 of us here on this island (Honshu) who are members here (as far as I know at the moment). I'm up here in Nagano, and our friend is down over on the Eastern seaboard. We'll have to get together some day (my place would definitely be best...BBQ, good brew, darts, badminton, and an escape from the otherwise real world. (and yes, we can discuss all kinds of philosophy...)

See you 'round ! KJ

Altheia

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 05:30 am
@Altheia,

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Bonjour - Konnichiwa
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:44:11