Hi

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 02:11 pm
Hi, I'm Greg.

Firstly I'm shocked that 'Greg' was a free username - is noone else here called Greg?

Anyway I'm gonna look round this site to see if I should become an active member: yes I'm interested in Philosophy.

I won't explain my views in depth (because even I'm not sure of them!) but I'll say that I used to be a practicing Roman Catholic and now I'm an agnostic but who holds some anti-realist Christian values and is interested in thinking about 'God' and I guess I sympathise with a lot of existentantialist ideals aswell.
- But my views are not fixed forever so I might believe differently later.

Nice to meet you all.

oh and btw: I'm an agnostic in the sense that I think God is ineffable and so the claims about God found in most religions are unjustified; also I think the term 'existence' cannot be meaningfully applied to God since if He 'exists' then He is a 'thing' and the notion of Divine simplicity contrasts that and also God is the reason why something rather than nothing, thus He himself could not be a 'thing' as that would be circular.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 02:20 pm
@Greg phil,
Welcome to the forum.

We hope you do decide to stay. I think it's a great community. Either way, thanks for giving it a look around. Justin and the team work hard to make it a nice place.

Greg phil

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 03:01 pm
@Greg phil,
Thanks. I should enjoy it here so long as people are polite, but I think they are

EmperorNero

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 04:45 pm
@Greg phil,
Welcome.
We kept Greg open for you.

Greg phil

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 01:52 am
@EmperorNero,
EmperorNero wrote:
Welcome.
We kept Greg open for you.

Laughing

- this thing won't let me submit... why is 'lol' too short a post?

EmperorNero

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 07:01 am
@Greg phil,
Greg;64519 wrote:
Laughing

- this thing won't let me submit... why is 'lol' too short a post?

It's a philosophy forum - long, well thought out posts only. Smile

KaseiJin

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 04:24 pm
@Greg phil,
Even before breakfast, rather than whiskey, or a good beer buzz, I charge my batteries with a good Philosophy Forum fix . . . and what better way to pump up than saying 'HOWDY !!' to the newcomers ! WELCOME Greg, and I hope you'll hang out with us, and learn, share, and keep in mind that old Jewish saying, 'with iron, iron is sharpened.' See you 'round ! KJ

Justin

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 07:40 am
@Greg phil,
Welcome Greg and thanks for the intro. Posts under 16 characters are not allowed on the forum. It just clutters things up. We have the Thank You button for a quick thanks. Make yourself at home and we hope you enjoy the forums.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/26/2024 at 06:39:24