I figure I may as well say hi

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » I figure I may as well say hi

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Astovio

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 09:01 pm
Hi

(what would you all do if I left it at that? hehe)

So I signed up on this forum a few weeks ago, and have since just browsed the threads, letting them spark my imagination and feeding the logic centre of my brain. But just a few minutes ago, a thread sparked enough of an interest for me to add a few words. After that, I figured I may as well introduce myself.

My name is Stephen Holmes. There is no other purpose to the user name 'Astovio' other than I think it sounds cool, and I can use it. I am 18 years of age, graduating from high school in a couple of weeks (May 31 to be exact). I've never taken a philosophy class in high school, but after reading 1984 in English class, it sparked a couple of questions, which lead me here, and I've been browsing ever since.

You may not see much of me around here. As I've said, I've already been here a few weeks, completely satisfied with just watching from the sidelines. If I do post, and it seems rediculous, go ahead and critisize me (I take it well), but keep in mind I have no philosophy background, and I'm just spitting out what comes to mind.

I'll spare you all of a full autobiography. If you want to know more, ask.

Theaetetus

Reply Fri 22 May, 2009 06:17 am
@Astovio,
Welcome Stephen! We are glad you have joined us, and taken the time to introduce yourself.

KaseiJin

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 04:17 pm
@Astovio,
The overfilled rain clouds, drearily dragging themselves across what might have otherwise been a lovely day, and crying on us all the while, leave little room for the usual joys of a beautiful, sunny spring day. However, the joy in being able to welcome another, able-bodied person to the forum is always a sunny day in my heart !

WELCOME ! I hope you can pick up those fine nuggets of gold that you'll find here--even if you do have to roll up your sleeves and wade out into the muddy creek--and keep them with you for life. Enjoy, and when breezes of emotion sway your heart, post a line or two or, as I often enough do (probably to the growing vexation of some) post a whole page...hee, hee, hee.....

See you 'round !! KJ

Fido

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 05:59 pm
@Astovio,
Astovio wrote:
Hi

(what would you all do if I left it at that? hehe)

So I signed up on this forum a few weeks ago, and have since just browsed the threads, letting them spark my imagination and feeding the logic centre of my brain. But just a few minutes ago, a thread sparked enough of an interest for me to add a few words. After that, I figured I may as well introduce myself.

My name is Stephen Holmes. There is no other purpose to the user name 'Astovio' other than I think it sounds cool, and I can use it. I am 18 years of age, graduating from high school in a couple of weeks (May 31 to be exact). I've never taken a philosophy class in high school, but after reading 1984 in English class, it sparked a couple of questions, which lead me here, and I've been browsing ever since.

You may not see much of me around here. As I've said, I've already been here a few weeks, completely satisfied with just watching from the sidelines. If I do post, and it seems rediculous, go ahead and critisize me (I take it well), but keep in mind I have no philosophy background, and I'm just spitting out what comes to mind.

I'll spare you all of a full autobiography. If you want to know more, ask.

Good idea...When in doubt, be friendly...It can't hurt and usually helps...

You know; I am fifty five, and been that way for two years, accidently, but I have so many years I can afford to misplace a few and do them later....In any event, I am the go to guy around here...For example, I got a freind at the chinese buffet who feeds me free every time I walk in...It is because If he needs something done I can do it, and I have the tools to do it... Now; If I knew how stupid I was when I was eighteen I would have shot myself... And now, if I had three legs I would kick myself all the way to hell and back... You have something that is better than brains or money if you have the sense to use it, and that is time, which is life... You will never know what you might need to know until you need it, so inevitably you must learn stuff you may never use, or use only once...No matter how much fun you have, or how many great adventures or romances, never forget to keep learning... And I ain't your dad, so don't tune me out... Think about it, and don't be headstrong...

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » I figure I may as well say hi
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.25 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:44:08