New Kid

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

SeekerS

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 11:37 am
Hey, so this is an introduction of me to a philosophy forum. I don't really have much of an introduction, but I'll do my best to tell you a little bit about who I am. I'm only sixteen, so don't expect much. Okay, first of all, a little bit about my life: I lived a pretty decent life up until I was about 12. Those years were years of bliss, ignorance, and naivety. I enjoyed it but I can't say that I want to go back, because I act childish enough as it is. I feel like I'm still trying to mentally be a kid. Anyways, when I was about 12 my parents separated, and when I say separated, I actually mean they exploded away from each other in flames of hate. And after the explosion, me and my siblings were the only remnants of their former life, so naturally they were very selfish in trying to collect those remnants and keep them to themselves. It was a painful divorce period of about three years, particularly because they could not get along with each other at all and my siblings and I were always in the middle.

I mean, its not like there wasn't a reason for the divorce.. They hated each other, my dad had multiple affairs, and they never agreed on anything. But it still hurt. I would actually say that the three of us (my siblings and I) coped very well. Anyways, its almost over now, but they are still fighting for custody, or rather, my dad is since I live with my mom.

Meanwhile, my life still goes on and I still search for myself, and the meaning of life. That's why I'm here.. to evaluate myself, my actions, and my values, as well as to have them evaluated by those that are more wise, intelligent, and experienced than I. Because, I don't have anyone in my personal life that I can talk to about my problems.

That's why I'm seeker, because I seek.. just as we all do. It just seems to me that I'm the guy that always ends back up at the beginning of the maze. I'm constantly changing and making little if no progress in my search for myself.

Okay, I think that was a decent intro. But it was a long one, so forgive me if I repeated myself or didn't include something you think I should have. When they get long like that I tend to forget what I wrote earlier in the post and make some mistakes.

Sincerely grateful,
S

Caroline

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 11:49 am
@SeekerS,
Hey Seekers, seek and he shall find, sorry couldnt resist, cool name. Tough time at home huh, parents can be a real pain, take mine i felt like i was the adult alot of the time, couldnt wait to get away. Anyway welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay.Smile

SeekerS

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 10:20 am
@SeekerS,
Ha, I know exactly what you're saying. That's really all I'm looking forward to right now is the time that I turn 18. Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome, and I definately plan to enjoy my time here.

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 10:28 am
@SeekerS,
Sounds like you have a similar life tale as I do. Remember that those hard times that seem to come during the teenage years really builds character for the future. In 15 years, you will probably be better off for going through difficult times at a relatively young age.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. We have a bunch of people about your age floating around here, so you should be fine.

SeekerS

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 11:11 am
@SeekerS,
Yeah.. I was checking out the young philosophers section, and I could tell. I'm not so sure, but they are either on a way higher level than me, or at least a different one. "Am I me? Or am i you?" That was the first thread I saw. So.. yeah, a bit of a weird first impression, but maybe it was just a conversation starter, not a real question.. At least some of the replies made sense to me. Smile

Krumple

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 11:29 am
@SeekerS,
Welcome to the forum SeekerS,

Since you mentioned the aspect of your life dealing with the separation of your parents it must still be impacting you. Completely understandable and it definitely impacts relationships you might have in the future. I always find it interesting how our emotions can be so able to shift even at moments notice. Today we are in love and tomorrow we hate each other. As painful as it was to experience that, you do have something that not everyone understands. You might not see any value or worth in those experiences but you might later. Hard to imagine anything good comes from painful experiences...

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 11:30:57