Salaam

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 08:58 pm
Hello, new member here just taking the time to intoduce myself. I go by Kayvon, or the nickname Beo. I am a theist but i havent found my place yet in religion. and philosophy is currently a journy I am trying to explore with the best of my abilities. At many times my opinions may seem very arrogant, but i try to keep an open mind as much as i can. Nice to meet you all :bigsmile:.

Theaetetus

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 09:15 pm
@Kaynafshar,
Nice to meet you as well. We are happy to have you as a new member, and we will do our best to show our great hospitality.

GoshisDead

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 01:32 am
@Theaetetus,
Cheers and Welcome, we hardly ever bite so post away.
Russ

nameless

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 01:52 am
@Kaynafshar,
Kaynafshar;62355 wrote:
At many times my opinions may seem very arrogant...

Perhaps we can... help... you with that.
Welcome.

Justin

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 08:27 pm
@Kaynafshar,
Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum.

EmperorNero

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 10:14 am
@Kaynafshar,
Welcome.
That was actually a startling introduction. You are a theist, but you haven't figured out a religion yet? Interesting.

Kaynafshar

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 05:14 pm
@EmperorNero,
Thanks for your warm welcomes. and yes i am a thiest but i was raised in between muslim and christian parents. so i am somewhat stuck in a hole.

EmperorNero

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 05:21 pm
@Kaynafshar,
Interesting. Do you see it as two ways of reaching the same God?

Kaynafshar

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 08:12 pm
@EmperorNero,
EmperorNero wrote:
Interesting. Do you see it as two ways of reaching the same God?

yes, islam and christianity are virtually the exact same faith, other than one key fact. christians believe jesus is the *Son* of god, whereas muslims belive he was indeed a profit with many miracles, but not literally the son of God himself. Muslims also belive Jesus will come back on judgement day as well. the only thing keeping me from choosing is the fact that i cannot make myself belive whether jesus was or wasnt the sone of god. theres no way i can ever know for sure, and it has kept me going back and forth for many years.

EmperorNero

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 09:40 pm
@Kaynafshar,
Well, maybe you should consider it an unknown.
A bit like is an unknown to Christians when Jesus will return.
"No one knows about the day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." - Matthew 24:36

Kaynafshar

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 09:50 pm
@EmperorNero,
EmperorNero wrote:
Well, maybe you should consider it an unknown.
A bit like is an unknown to Christians when Jesus will return.
"No one knows about the day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." - Matthew 24:36

a key beliefe in christianity is the triune, which involves believing that jesus is the son of god, and is also one and the same. But in islam he is only considered one of the greatest profets of the faith.

EmperorNero

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 10:00 pm
@Kaynafshar,
Kaynafshar;62784 wrote:
a key beliefe in christianity is the triune, which involves believing that jesus is the son of god, and is also one and the same. But in islam he is only considered one of the greatest profets of the faith.

Yeah, I see that dilemma. I would think "Hey whatever" and just be a sort of hybrid and see the true nature of Jesus as unknown. After all that is something that Christians also just assume.

Justin

Reply Tue 12 May, 2009 10:30 pm
@Kaynafshar,
This is forum is for introductions only please. Thread closed!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 12:17:35