Hello, or hej as we say in Sweden

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Hello, or hej as we say in Sweden

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Lily

Reply Sun 3 May, 2009 04:17 am
I've always been a philosofer, I really can't help it. Questions just pop up in my head and then it's quite normal to try to find the answer. As a I've said, I'm from Sweden, and I'm only a teenager, so my knowledge in (or should it be another preposition?) the english language is a bit limited. But I hope that it isn't so bad that it makes you want to poke me in the eye :poke-eye: or smack your head against a wall :brickwall: and scream "stop maltreating the english language!". I do have A+ in english in school, so hopefully that won't happen. I'm not Christian, not even baptized, but I read the Bible. Gosh, that is one long book. I don't know what I belive in, I'm just hoping for happiness ever after I guess. For me, one of the biggest questions is: is my life special, or is it just a product of evolution? Well, as Sokrates once said : all I know, is that I don't now anything.

Caroline

Reply Sun 3 May, 2009 07:43 am
@Lily,
Hej Lily, welcome to the forum, pleased to make your aqaintance. Your english is excellent and don't worry if you make a mistake.Smile Yes the bible is a long book, a very long book. I don't really understand your last question, do you mean 'am i special'? Anyhow welcome to the forum, you can start your own threads now and join in the discussions. Enjoy your stay.Smile

Lily

Reply Sun 3 May, 2009 07:47 am
@Caroline,
it's supposed to be "my life", so I've corrected that now:)

Caroline

Reply Sun 3 May, 2009 07:59 am
@Lily,
I do agree with Socrates on this point and that is i don't know, however sometimes, well frequently, i do feel i am special, that's my personal experience, i believe that because I believe that life is special and can we not be a part of evolution too? It is a tough question and a good one. What do you think?

Lily

Reply Sun 3 May, 2009 10:04 am
@Caroline,
I really don't know, can the soul be a product of evolution? I can't deny evolution, but on the other hand, I don't think I can deny the soul, philosofy, love, beauty and all the other stuff I find divine.

GoshisDead

Reply Sun 3 May, 2009 10:04 pm
@Lily,
Life is like a gnome on LSD, and I'm like Shrek on LSD minus the oogy earwax part.

Cheers and Welcome,
Russ

EmperorNero

Reply Mon 4 May, 2009 03:36 pm
@Lily,
Lily;61081 wrote:
I've always been a philosofer, I really can't help it. Questions just pop up in my head and then it's quite normal to try to find the answer. As a I've said, I'm from Sweden, and I'm only a teenager, so my knowledge in (or should it be another preposition?) the english language is a bit limited. But I hope that it isn't so bad that it makes you want to poke me in the eye :poke-eye: or smack your head against a wall :brickwall: and scream "stop maltreating the english language!". I do have A+ in english in school, so hopefully that won't happen. I'm not Christian, not even baptized, but I read the Bible. Gosh, that is one long book. I don't know what I belive in, I'm just hoping for happiness ever after I guess. For me, one of the biggest questions is: is my life special, or is it just a product of evolution? Well, as Sokrates once said : all I know, is that I don't now anything.

Lily

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 07:35 am
@Lily,
Haha, no sweden isn't muslim now. At least not yet:O

EmperorNero

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 07:49 am
@Lily,
Lily;61392 wrote:
Haha, no sweden isn't muslim now. At least not yet:O

hehe Alrighy. :a-ok:

Eudaimon

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 10:26 am
@Lily,
Lily wrote:

Hello, Lilly!
I am from Russia, so we may create alliance of non-English-speaking nations.Smile
The question: what is man, has always been considered the most difficult in the history. If thou art interested in what I think on the matter, read visit this thread:
http://www.philosophyforum.com/forum/philosophy-forums/branches-philosophy/uncategorized/4351-true-self-true-good.html

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Hello, or hej as we say in Sweden
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 08:57:33