Hi

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 12:32 pm
Hi people,

I got told about this place from someone I know at a politics forum, though Im not sure who he is one here.

Anyway I'm 24, from Glasgow in the UK, I'm a first year philosophy student (a late starter) and I just had my end of term exam today Very Happy So I thought this place could give me my 'hit' of philosophy over the summer.

EmperorNero

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 01:01 pm
@Scuba hood,
Welcome. That might have been me... are you a nihilist? Very Happy

Justin

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 01:15 pm
@Scuba hood,
Welcome to the forum Scuba Hood!

Scuba hood

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 02:18 pm
@EmperorNero,
EmperorNero wrote:
Welcome. That might have been me... are you a nihilist? Very Happy

Thanks for the welcome guys

Are you darkdoitconservative on PF?

With regards to the question I would say I'm a borderline Kantian influenced by Catholicism and Communism, it's quite the mix Very Happy

GoshisDead

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 02:55 pm
@Scuba hood,
That is quite the mix, scuba, it will be interesting to see how it plays out in your posts.

Welcome,
Russ

Scuba hood

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 03:14 pm
@GoshisDead,
GoshisDead wrote:
That is quite the mix, scuba, it will be interesting to see how it plays out in your posts.

Welcome,
Russ

Thanks for the welcome, Though I feel I should point out that Im not a practicing catholic. I was raised one and went to Catholic school and to me a lot of what I learned made me interested in communsim and from there I thought Kant rested quite nicely with those beliefs, in a strange kind of way.

Drizzt DoUrden

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 04:45 pm
@Scuba hood,
Scuba hood wrote:
Hi people,

I got told about this place from someone I know at a politics forum, though Im not sure who he is one here.

Anyway I'm 24, from Glasgow in the UK, I'm a first year philosophy student (a late starter) and I just had my end of term exam today Very Happy So I thought this place could give me my 'hit' of philosophy over the summer.

Hi Joe Wink
bypassing the character limit...

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 05:52 pm
@Scuba hood,
Welcome to the forum Scuba Hood! Glad to have you aboard.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 01:35:03