Hi. I'm new.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 11:22 am
Hi, I'm new on this forum.
I would self describe myself as a conservative deontologist Catholic.

Cheers Smile

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 11:44 am
@EmperorNero,
Welcome to the forum NoEmperorNero! We are glad to have you aboard.

xris

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 01:24 pm
@Theaetetus,
ive got to be honest deontologist? ive got to look that one up il be back with reasoned reply but welcome..xris

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Am i right in assuming a fundamentalist ? Sorry to grab you as you appear ..

The Dude phil phil

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 01:44 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
ive got to be honest deontologist? ive got to look that one up il be back with reasoned reply but welcome..xris

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Am i right in assuming a fundamentalist ? Sorry to grab you as you appear ..

Deontology: Ethical theory concerned with duties and rights.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay, can't wait to hear some of your thoughts and opinions.

(I didn't know what a deontologist was either, thankfully I've got the best Firefox plugin ever that gives me the definition of words I don't know by alt+left clicking them.)

Caroline

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 02:07 pm
@EmperorNero,
Hi, welcome.Smile..........

EmperorNero

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 03:15 pm
@Caroline,
Thanks everyone.
Has this forum just started, and has it not many users yet?

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 03:59 pm
@EmperorNero,
This forum is a couple of years old, and continues to grow at a relatively quick rate. When I joined about a year ago, there were about 40 members signing in everyday, and now we have about 80-100 users signing in everyday. We do have a core group of members that are floating around on a regular basis that do a pretty good job at fostering a respectful environment for dialogue.

EmperorNero

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 04:07 pm
@EmperorNero,
That looks pretty good...

What is this 'Thanks' feature?

Zetherin

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 04:13 pm
@EmperorNero,
Welcome, NoemperorNero!

The "Thanks" feature is basically a way of expressing appreciation for a post -- it could be because you appreciate the knowledge provided (content), the clarity of an argument, or simply because you enjoy the discussion. The feature is open for interpretation, some thank more often than others, and it's certainly not required.

Anyway, don't hesitate, join right into one of the many discussions!

I hope you enjoy your stay,

Zeth

EmperorNero

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 04:24 pm
@EmperorNero,
Yes, thank you.
How do I do it? I see no 'Thank' button. :confused:

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 04:57 pm
@EmperorNero,
I think there may be a minimum post count (10?) before that feature becomes available. The button will be next to the quick reply button when available.

Zetherin

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 05:08 pm
@EmperorNero,
NoEmperorNero wrote:
Yes, thank you.
How do I do it? I see no 'Thank' button. :confused:

There's a problem server-side with this. All posts, should have a "Thank You" button underneath.

It's being worked on, sorry about that!

EDIT: Oh, there is, Thea?

Justin

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 07:26 pm
@EmperorNero,
I've fixed this. Yes, originally 10 post minimum to use the thanks button we've corrected that. Thank you button should now be visible to all and on all threads and posts.

Welcome to the forum!

EmperorNero

Reply Thu 16 Apr, 2009 04:03 am
@EmperorNero,
Yes, there is a thank you button now. Great! Wink

Justin

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2009 08:46 am
@EmperorNero,
Welcome to the forum!
NoEmperorNero wrote:
Has this forum just started, and has it not many users yet?

It has a good amount of members and it had more a year or so ago. Many forums have lots of members and half are bots and a third flamers and spammers and then another percentage are active members. We could be a 'big board' if we wanted to but I prune users every so often. Prune, meaning that if a member has 1 or no posts and has not logged in for 6 months or more, I simple delete them. I check the post first but basically, we prune the forum and keep it clean. Being a huge forum is not the goal.

So, hope you do enjoy the 100 or so members that currently log in everyday and as the forum finds funding in the future, we'll add a newsletter to bring back those members that may have forgotten their password or simply forgot we were here.

Thanks for mentioning it and a warm welcome to you.

EmperorNero

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2009 09:05 am
@EmperorNero,
Actually, I completely agree.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 11:36:57