Greetings...

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2009 08:45 pm
A few words of introduction... I live in Africa, having spent ten years away from my home country of Canada. I find that the one thing I miss more then most others is the opportunity to engage in meaningful discussion in subjects that are dear to me including primarily those of a philosophical nature. My hope is that this Forum may provide such a venue for this discussion, however the challenge for me is that writing does not, for me, have the same satisfaction as a good face to face discussion over an equally good fresh coffee. I hope I can get over that, develop my writing and still enjoy a coffee on the side. I look forward to the possibility. Thanks, Thom.

Zetherin

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2009 09:19 pm
@Anthropoidster,
Here's a freshly brewed cup on me

http://conformity.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/800px-a_small_cup_of_coffee.jpg

Satisfaction can be had here, my friend. You'll find what you're looking for if you allow yourself to.

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

-Zeth

Justin

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2009 09:35 pm
@Anthropoidster,
Thom, warm welcome to you my friend. I believe you'll find this a friendly place and surely hope you will enjoy in the community discussions. We're a fair bunch of philosophers with our own twist on philosophy but a good group of folks to communicate with.

Anthropoidster

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 12:08 am
@Zetherin,
Hey, thanks for the java Zeth, and the welcome. I'll be trying to allow myself to enjoy the writing as much as I enjoy a good talk. It already feels a little better then I thought it would.
Thanks again, Thom.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Thanks Justin. Looking forward to the discussions. Still trying to figure out how to add a 'THANK YOU' to a post, so this will have to do.
Thanks again, Thom

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 05:45 am
@Anthropoidster,
Just click on the "Thank You" button at the bottom of the post (second from the right) and that will add a thank you to a post.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. We are glad to have you aboard.

Nimmy

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 09:51 am
@Anthropoidster,
Hi, Anthropoidster, I hope you like it here! I am new as well, and everyone seems nice and eager to help and discuss, its fantastic.

Theaetetus, I was also looking to try to figure out how to Thank people...but the buttons on the bottom right for me are Quote Post / Multi Quote / Quick Reply / and Blog This. I am confused!

Anthropoidster

Reply Wed 15 Apr, 2009 10:03 am
@Nimmy,
Thanks Nimmy - I thought I was going crazy - I see the same as you, so I join in your confusion. Could it be that one needs a certain number of posts before they can say Thanks? Like the ten post requirement to join a group? In any case this does seem like a nice place to have a meaningful discussion.
Thanks for restoring my sanity.
Thom.

EmperorNero

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2009 04:00 am
@Anthropoidster,
Welcome!

________

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:21:30