Hello! - Isaac from Buenos Aires

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Hello! - Isaac from Buenos Aires

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 12:41 pm
Hello fellow thinkers,

I'm 29 this year, currently studying philosophy in Buenos Aires.

Did some philosophy studies 10 years ago in Singapore where the course is topical. We studied the different main topics of philosophy; metaphysics, logic, ethics, in accordance to the relevant thoughts of some early modern philosophers like Descartes, Spinoza, Berkeley, Kant and Hume.

Forgot most of it. :bigsmile: Took a little break to experience life.

Now doing philosophy all over again (my first year!), this time the focus of the studies is structured chronologically. They run the course from a timeline of classic greek, medieval, renaissance, enlightenment, 19th century, to contemporary; throwing in some topical materials along the way, like philosophy of language (semiology they call it here), metaphysics, etc...

I like this format better.

But anyway, the obsession to philosophize comes from the belief that human beings have been gifted with the gift of reason, the ability to reflect. And by philosophizing, we can make a better sense of the world around us, and make better sense of our purpose in our short stay on earth. Like what Aristotle had said, "the ideal human life is one of reflection."

Joining the forums because I see it as a place where fellow thinkers exchange ideas and there's no place better to be in for a wisdom-lover than a big mishmash of thoughts and knowledge, i.e. the forums.

Saludos! As they say here in BsAs.
Isaac

Victor Eremita

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 12:43 pm
@Lonewolf,
Greetings and welcome!

Lonewolf

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 01:24 pm
@Lonewolf,
Incidentally Kierkegaard is one of my favourite philosophers, I loved his views on existentialism and faith as an irrational belief.

Plus, the Seducer's Diary? This is the kind of philosopher that makes philosophy cool.

Theaetetus

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 01:58 pm
@Lonewolf,
Welcome to the forum Lonewolf! We are glad you decided to join us. I look forward to you future contributions.

Seriost

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2009 02:01 pm
@Lonewolf,
Welcome, and enjoy your stay Smile

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Hello! - Isaac from Buenos Aires
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.06 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 05:33:57