kidzi

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

kidzi

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 01:39 pm
Good evening folks or should I say highly estimated philosophers..

Other than one might expect, I feel like being a bit obtuse and speaking of intellectual productiveness I find myself in a rather miserable state at the moment. I hardly ever ask myself questions with a philosophical touch and tend to find intellectual games annoying. I am here to change that. So I am one of those persons a bit bothered observing that I waste my potential in this area and miss out on expanding the .. philsophical.. bubble I am living in when what I should do is expanding it constantly.
Since an internet forum surely can not live up to my expectations I will start to work myself through a dusty pile of books including several philosophical works which I purchased when I used to be pretty keen on humanities and before malicious media captured me in its dark empire of short-living wishes and needs.

The blatant disparities regarding the different horizons of particular users complicate the participation in discussions a bit.. as I simply do not know many facts someone is aware of who studied e.g. philosophy several years and hence I am lacking a lot of knowledge with which I could assess things better. A second hopefully insignificant handicap is the fact that English is a second language for me.. I give my best!

What interests me most would be the question in how far we can be made responsible for our faith and in how far extern factors play a role.. well, the search spit out amazingly much stuff related to that topic but I do not feel like working through that right now.. so I might buy a book on that topic. I love buying books (apparently more than reading them..).

If anyone made it to the end!!.. I live in Germany where I go to school, am member of a theatre group and like languages, traveling and geography and am interested in so called 3rd world countries and development aid. Any questions?

RDanneskjld

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 01:44 pm
@kidzi,
Welcome to the forum Kidzi Smile You have very good English, I wouldn't worry about it. Dont worry about getting stuck in the debates. Hope you enjoy the forum! Smile

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/26/2024 at 12:55:12