The Boddishatva

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

LAB

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 12:06 am
There Is a myth in Buddhism about three wandering monks. The monks are wandering through a desert when they come upon an oasis. The oasis, however, is walled off by a very large wall. Somehow, maybe they are ninja-monks, they get to the top of the wall. Then, two monks go over into the oasis (symbolises enlightenment). The third monk stays upon the wall to help others get over the wall. This monk is the boddishatva, the one who helps others reach enlightenment.

This is essentially my goal in my life... to help others learn to think. The big problem i see in today's society is that people have lost the drive to think well.

Eventually I would like to be a philosophy prof. and a writer. I have a couple works in the planning-outlining stage. One is on my personal moral ethics, one is a social satire novel, and the third is a musical (don't laugh).

I am twenty years old, have gone to K-state, then went to the seminary, now i'm a philo major at another school.

I'm sure some of you will get to know me through these forums... I'm not much at inroducing myself, so meh. There it was.

GoshisDead

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 12:28 am
@LAB,
It seems that I already like you, if only because (meh) is my favorite word recently.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 06:37 am
@GoshisDead,
Welcome to the forum.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 11:44:14