Good morning!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Arthane

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 02:36 am
Or afternoon as it applies to you. Definately morning for me though. 3:30am.. perfect time to sign up on a philosophy forum, don't you agree?

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to this sort of thing.. but have lately found myself asking questions of this nature, and am oddly unconvinced with some of the responses I get from family and friends. For some reason 'Just Because' doesn't really sell me on the idea.

I'm mostly here to read and learn. There are lots of ideas on this forum and I look forward to getting to know/understand as much of them as I can. There's a lot more to this 'thought' thing than I thought.

I'm most interested in the theories and ideas behind religion and logic and such, as I was born and raised athiest, and as a teenager became a 'christian'.. whatever that's supposed to mean these days? I more and more often find myself coming to the conclusion that yes, surely there is a being of some description, but find it harder and harder to believe that He/She/It has any influence on our existence at all.

Long enough intro! Maybe too long..

oh well.

Arthane

Kage phil

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 08:03 am
@Arthane,
Good Morning and Welcome,

I am sure you'll enjoy it here.

Fido

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 11:20 am
@Arthane,
One guy I read seemed to suggest that Hitler rose on the strength of so many workmen who were not so sharp, but who would, at a certain point in their lives begin to consider what it was all for and about... We can work at mindless sorts of tasks when young, but as we age we must find meaning...Our jobs, designed to deny to each person the sense of their indespensiblity to the process, produce as their most perfect product a meaningless existence for the worker...

So I would not worry about your sharpness... Ultimately the truth is not essential to find, but is essential to pursue...I doubt it exists as an absolute, or that it can be discovered... We only need such answers as lead to our happiness, which, if it is true happiness, will all lead to the happiness of those around us...Anyway... Welcome.

btw. just because is a valid answer...That is the one you must stand on to reach the cookie jar...It's a little shaky...Remember: One hand for you and one for the cookie....

Caroline

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 05:35 pm
@Arthane,
Good afternoon,(or is it morning),its eveing here. Pleased to meet you.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 11:48:02