Hey

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 10:14 pm
Junior Philosophy & History major here. I'm currently enrolled in classes on Philosophy of Race, Free Will, and American Philosophy.

I'm considering focussing my senior paper next spring on a topic/problem in philosophy of action. I'm not really familiar with this area and its literature at all, aside from a few philosophy of mind readings I've had. Any suggestions?

Victor Eremita

Reply Sun 15 Mar, 2009 10:22 pm
@Phronimos,
Hi there, and welcome!

Ah, Action; not one of my favourite philosophical discussions, but some of my ugrad readings included Hume, Husserl and Davidson; and they were pretty interesting.

Theaetetus

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2009 06:53 am
@Phronimos,
Welcome to the forum Phronimos. I am not familiar with the philosophy of action so I am of no help there, but I am sure others can help. We are glad you have decided to join us, and feel free to make yourself at home.

Phronimos

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2009 07:13 pm
@Theaetetus,
Thanks for the kind words and advice; I've picked up a collection of Davidson's essays. I think I've already interacted with both of you on the board, looking forward to many more dialogues. :a-ok:

Zetherin

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2009 07:21 pm
@Phronimos,
Phronimos, welcome board!

I see you've already joined into some conversation - Great!

I look forward to seeing you on the boards!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 11:38:09