Howdy

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Sollos

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 06:29 pm
Hi, I'm Sasha, and I'm a Junior in High School that enjoys philosophy. I've recently finished Kant's Critique of Pure Reason, which was fun, albeit slow going. I was lucky enough to be able to talk it over with a degree-holding philosopher, unfortunately they're moving away.

Anyways, I'm interested in ontology, the absurd, nihilism, and determinism. Speaking of which, I'd love some recommendations. I've read Camus and Nietzsche; Sartre too, but he's too much of a free-choicer for me. XD

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 12 Mar, 2009 07:15 pm
@Sollos,
Welcome to the form Sasha! Wow, read the Critique of Pure Reason, Camus, Nietzsche, Sartre and Camus before college. Outstanding my friend. We are glad that you have decided to join us, and I look forward to your future contributions.

Considering you have swallowed some difficult texts, I recommend Nicomachean Ethics by Aristotle; the Republic, the Symposium, and the Apology by Plato; and for the absurd, look into Kierkegaard.

Victor Eremita

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 02:02 am
@Sollos,
Hi there and welcome! Impressed with your reading so far. I've only read Mill in high school.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 06:19:30