Just a quick hello.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Just a quick hello.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 07:13 am
Hi everyone, I'm on a gap year between College and Uni, where I'm going to be studying Politics and Philosophy, and am looking for an escape from the hideously mundane chitchat you have to endure as an Office temp. I reckon this should get my mind working again Smile.

RDanneskjld

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 08:01 am
@thenorthener,
Welcome to the forum Smile
Good to see someone studying Philosophy at University, would be interesting to do it with Politics! Im off to Uni to study Philosophy next year too! Hope that you both enjoy and find the forum valueable! Smile

VideCorSpoon

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 08:31 am
@thenorthener,
Welcome thenorthener!

I hope you enjoy it on the forum. There are definitely a few threads that will get your mind working. I joined a year ago to keep my mind sharp between college and law school.

Philosophy and political science are great majors. Incidentally, there are quite a few political science classes which also fulfill required classes for philosophy, so you are in essence killing two birds with one stone! but philosophy is a great major in that you don't really have many required courses. Logic, modern phil, graduate capstone, and liberal arts requirements were required, but beyond that, you could engage whatever philosophical school you wanted.

Enjoy the forum!

Bones-O

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 03:21 pm
@thenorthener,
thenorthener wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm on a gap year between College and Uni, where I'm going to be studying Politics and Philosophy, and am looking for an escape from the hideously mundane chitchat you have to endure as an Office temp. I reckon this should get my mind working again Smile.

Hi thenortherner. Which north are you from and whereabouts?

thenorthener

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 03:32 pm
@Bones-O,
Bones-O! wrote:
Hi thenortherner. Which north are you from and whereabouts?

Hi Bones, I'm actually from the Midlands near Birminghanm in the UK but I have a few freinds in Oxford who refer to me as Northern. A bit of a British joke.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 03:34 pm
@thenorthener,
Welcome to the forum.

Bones-O

Reply Sun 8 Mar, 2009 03:49 pm
@thenorthener,
thenorthener wrote:
Hi Bones, I'm actually from the Midlands near Birminghanm in the UK but I have a few freinds in Oxford who refer to me as Northern. A bit of a British joke.

Oh cool. I bought my Fender Strat in Brom. And got my car broken into. Not so cool... Yeah, I have the same issue but in reverse, coming from Shrews and living in York. Anyway, I hope you have fun here.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Just a quick hello.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 08:23:48