Hello

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 01:14 pm
Hi everybody

I would like to enhance my 'philosophical enunciating', especially when writing in English. My native language is Slovene, and there are usually few hesitations when conveying philosophical thoughts within the realm of my native language; on the other hand, writing in English 'bestows' me sometimes with perplexity. Not so much because of my in/abilities, but rather because of very anxieties about my language correctness itself. I know I am a perfectionist, so there's no other way then to 'drop in'. The forum should help, I think. Of course, thank you in advance!

Delta

Victor Eremita

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 01:19 pm
@Delta phil,
Hi, and welcome!

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 02:03 pm
@Delta phil,
Welcome to the forum Delta! Writing in a language that is not an individual's primary language is a very effective way to become more proficient in the language. We have other users on the forum that English is not their primary language so you should be fine here. We are also a forgiving bunch, and do not harass people about their usage of the language--especially if they are not a native English speaker.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 05:40:36