Hello

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 08:24 pm
Hello, I am very interested in learning more about philosophy. I received a BA in philosophy from Arizona State University. I am currently living in Japan, teaching English.

My favorite philosopher is David Hume. I like to talk about atheism, evolution/intelligent design, epistemology, determinism, and ethics.

Oh yeah, Led Zeppelin is the best band ever!!! Rock on!!!

Theaetetus

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 08:43 pm
@Cleanthes,
Welcome to the forum Cleanthes. I am happy to see another philo BA jump aboard. I am not yet, but I am only a couple semesters away. With your interests you should fit in well around here.

And I have to say that Led Zeppelin is not the best band ever, Sonic Youth is! There is one sound reasoning to this. Sonic Youth keeps getting better the older they get. Even if JB wouldn't have died, it had been a while since LZ lost the glory. Most bands either quit or never produce anything memorable as they advance with age (massive drug use may contribute to this).

boagie

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 12:34 am
@Cleanthes,
Cleanthes,Smile

Welcome aboard Sir Cleanthes, sounds like you'll fit like a grove here. After having done this intro you can respond to anything you like, or, post a new topic you wish to explore, again, a hardy welcome!!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 07:52:59