New to this forum!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » New to this forum!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

ryz0n

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 09:01 pm
Hi, my name is Ryan and I'm a student at UC Davis. I've been taking at least one philosophy class every quarter so far, even though it isn't my major. I might just have to double Smile

VideCorSpoon

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 09:20 pm
@ryz0n,
Philosophy is a pretty fun major. I double majored with philosophy myself. It's also an added bonus if you are doing a major in the same college so the requirements for both majors can be fulfilled. I think it is one of the more flexible majors because the required classes are not that many (probably modern philosophy, logic, etc.) and you can go in any direction you want as long as the school offers the classes to go in that direction. My school had a a lot of metaphysics, continental philosophy, and logic courses so it was a very appetizing major.

But welcome to the forum ryz0n! I hope you enjoy yourself and look forward to seeing you around the forum!

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 09:21 pm
@ryz0n,
Philosophy is a very valuable second major. The degree is a sign that you should be able to do what most other people cannot. Read, write, think critically, and speak. Welcome to the forum Ryan, we are glad that you decided to join us. What are your interests within philosophy?

boagie

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 10:07 pm
@ryz0n,
Hi Ryan! Smile

Welcome to the philosophy forum, it should prove most benifical to your studies and your general development. At anyrate we are please to have you with us. See you on the boards!!!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » New to this forum!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 05:21:45