I tried the philosophy forum on Craigslist but it

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » I tried the philosophy forum on Craigslist but it

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 08:54 pm
was, well, less than fantastic. This site seems to be much better (at least there are people on here, right?). Anyway, just saying hello and hoping to join some ethics conversations.

Conor

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 09:17 pm
@PopeConorius,
I looked at the philosophy forum on Craigslist and I will never make that mistake again. I saw on comment that asked where Socrates was, a bunch of posts followed asking who Socrates was. Most of the other posts I saw listed looked like they were posted by failures of the public education system.

On the other hand, you have stumbled upon a fine philosophy forum that regularly in depth discussions about ethics among other topics within philosophy and life in general. Welcome to the forum, we are glad to have you aboard!

Justin

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 09:56 pm
@PopeConorius,
Welcome Pope! Thanks for stopping by and intro, we need a good pope in the forums. Make yourself at home and enjoy the community.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2009 01:42 am
@Justin,
Welcome to the forums.

PopeConorius

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2009 12:26 pm
@PopeConorius,
Thanks everyone! Theaetetus: the most disappointing aspect of the Craigslist philosophy forum is the fact that there really is no philosophical discussion whatsoever. If someone posts a topic that actually addresses an issue like ethics or morality, some anonymous individual berates that person until s/he is no longer posting. I did my best to engage in discussions there, but to no avail. I'm glad to see that this site is more in-depth and conducive to discussion.

The reason I wanted a philosophy discussion forum is because I'm in the year between undergrad (where I received my B.A. in Philosophy) and grad school (where, assuming I get in to any of the places I applied, I will be pursuing my Ph.D. in Applied Ethics) and really don't want my brain to turn to mush.

Anyway, hopefully we'll all engage in discussion in other threads!

boagie

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2009 02:22 pm
@PopeConorius,
YO! Conor,Smile

Welcome to the philosophy forum, it is a friendly group we have here so I think your experience will be a pleasant one. After posting this intro you are free to respond to anything that catches your eye, or, post a new topic. Again a hardy welcome.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » I tried the philosophy forum on Craigslist but it
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 08:29:06