Hello, I am new!!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Hello, I am new!!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 02:12 am
Hello everyone.

I am excited to join a community that revolves around a subject which I love.
I used to think deeply about, everything in general, and I came up with some things. Some of which involved thinking about thinking about thinking and so forth, however I did not realize this was the subject of philosophy until not too long ago. Now I am happy to have the opportunity to share my thoughts, get feedback, and learn from others.

I must say that I know little or none ("little" being the case of me not knowing I had known) of modern philosophical writing. Because of this I will state a few of the types of philosophy I like, maybe I could get pointed in the right direction, (regarding internet articles, books, etc... besides from the various subjects of philosophy in these forums, that is given).

Metaphysics, thought, existence, (philosophical recursion maybe?) possibly others similar to these.

I cannot wait to ask all of my questions.

Zetherin

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 02:56 am
@Luthor phil,
Welcome, Luthor. Don't hesitate, join on in!

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 03:04 pm
@Luthor phil,
Welcome to the forum Luthor! It does not take any knowledge of modern philosophy in order for the curiosity about truth to kick in. Asking questions is the most important place to begin any inquiry. Welcome aboard!

Justin

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 03:57 pm
@Luthor phil,
Welcome Luthor! Thanks for the intro and please make yourself at home in the forums!

boagie

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 04:40 pm
@Luthor phil,
Luthor,Smile

You sound excited, that is a great space to be in, an active curiosity is a great thing, I am sure you will enjoy yourself here, and you will be enjoyed. It is good to have you with us, settle in and make yourself at home. Again a hardly welcome!!

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Hello, I am new!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 04:40:35