Hello there

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 09:17 pm
Hi everyone,

I've just started my undergrad in philosophy. I hope I can expand my knowledge for that here. I think compared to most people starting philosophy, I'm thoroughly under-read. (I was doing engineering before, haha). So I hope to learn the basics here!

Thanks,

VideCorSpoon

Reply Thu 29 Jan, 2009 12:00 am
@philnewb,
welcome philnewb!

You have started down an exciting an potentially frightening road strewn with awe, confusion, and indigestion. I recommend Pepto Bismol... or the philosophical equivalent (whatever that is). Is there any particular area of philosophy that interests you most? Also, if you have any questions pertaining to your new classes or academic philosophy, we have a philosophy 101 section devoted to that end.

But anyway, welcome to the forum and have a blast!

Theaetetus

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 01:19 pm
@philnewb,
I was once an electrical engineering major and switched to philosophy. At the time, I had read absolutely no philosophy (other than Tom Robbins, Tolkien, and sci-fi novels). I don't think knowing the ideas of certain philosophers is that important in philosophy than knowing good ideas. Anyway, welcome to the forum, and enjoy the philosophy.

Aedes

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 11:30 pm
@philnewb,
You won't be under-read for long. Many of us here are amateurs, and I for one look forward to what you'll discover as you go along.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 02:45 pm
@Aedes,
Welcome to the forums.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 04:01:03