Newbie alert! Rousseauean

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Newbie alert! Rousseauean

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 09:12 pm
Hi people. I'm Gordon, from Glasgow, Scotland. Currently on an Access course and will be starting a Philosophy undergrad later this year, which I'm looking forward to.

It seems I've always been a philosopher, but didn't know it, but now that I'm studying it, I'm amazed at how my way of thinking fits in in this field. Rousseau has been a revelation, I love the way he thinks. I'm also going to investigate Schopenhauer when I have the time, that's the other side of my thinking.

Looking forward to hopefully getting involved in some good debates on here, so fingers crossed!

Theaetetus

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 08:51 am
@gojo1978,
If you are looking for good debates you came to the right place. Currently, there are a broad range of topics being discussed in the forums. Find one that kindles your fancy or start your own, and dive in. Anyway, welcome to the forums, and enjoy!

Zetherin

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 02:44 am
@Theaetetus,
Gojo, browse around and you will surely find your debates. However, I want to note that most of the threads here aren't debates per se, but discussions. I think most of the community focuses on the exchanging of ideas rather than a "right" or "wrong" approach.

Welcome!

gojo1978

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 06:07 am
@gojo1978,
That's cool, I'll look forward to that. Haven't got round to making my first proper posts yet, but when I do, you'll know! :devilish:

Jay phil

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 10:28 pm
@gojo1978,
Greetings and welcome. :OK:

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Newbie alert! Rousseauean
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 03:54:01