New guy says hello.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » New guy says hello.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 12:34 pm
I have been a member of the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) for a number of years and was advised of Walter Russell's website by a young man who was enquiring about IONS. Between the two of us, we hope to accumulate more of WR's books, which we think are fabulous.

xris

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 01:59 pm
@mindlink,
I have not a clue what your on about but welcome..there are more than me here so dont be alarmed..

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 02:12 pm
@mindlink,
I have no idea who Walter Russell is, but I know there are others here that share your interest. Enjoy the forums!

mindlink

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 02:16 pm
@xris,
Hi xris;
The Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) was formed in 1973 by Dr. Edgar Mitchell, an Apollo astronaut who was in charge of the moon module on one of the trips to the moon. He is one of the 12 people who have walked on the moon. During his return to Earth, he had a "samadhi experience" which made him aware of the oneness of all and, on his return to Earth, he formed IONS with the intent of bridging the gap between science and spirituality. I was referred to IONS by one of my contacts in Findhorn, the spiritual community in Northern Scotland. My first visit to Findhorn in 1979 had a very significant influence on my increased understanding and enjoyment of my life.

Kolbe

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 02:51 pm
@mindlink,
That just answers one question and raises several more.....

xris

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 02:55 pm
@Kolbe,
Kolbe wrote:
That just answers one question and raises several more.....
dont it just....

mindlink

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 03:12 pm
@xris,
Hi Kolbe and xris;

I have a few more decades of life experiences and insights than you guys, some of which I am happy to share. They have basically led me to the realization that a lot of the "magic" stuff in the Harry Potter books is within our capabilities, only without the need for spells, potions and wands.

I think that it was the author, Richard Bach, who said, "Life is for learning and having fun. If you're not having fun, figure out what you're supposed to be learning."

xris

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 03:22 pm
@mindlink,
mindlink wrote:
Hi Kolbe and xris;

I have a few more decades of life experiences and insights than you guys, some of which I am happy to share. They have basically led me to the realization that a lot of the "magic" stuff in the Harry Potter books is within our capabilities, only without the need for spells, potions and wands.

I think that it was the author, Richard Bach, who said, "Life is for learning and having fun. If you're not having fun, figure out what you're supposed to be learning."
Im game for anything within reason ..let the learning begin.

Kolbe

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 03:44 pm
@mindlink,
I can admit that some of the supposed magic is physcially possible, with the right chemical catalysts, reactants and reaction requirements. Doing this naturally, however, is something else entirely! Find me a man who can shoot fire from his hands and I'll eat my words.

mindlink

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 12:08 am
@Kolbe,
Nobody I know would feel obligated to prove anything to you, and nobody I know goes around doing those kind of parlour tricks. However, if you need a sudden application of heat or healing energy to save your life, you might be lucky enough to have in your company somebody with this capability.

Justin

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 10:27 am
@mindlink,
Welcome Mindlink. I'm familiar with the Noetic Sciences group and Russell. For those of you who haven't read any of the Russell stuff, do take a moment to read this: The Man Who Tapped the Secrets of The Universe. If you'd like to read a little about Edgar Mitchell here's a link.

Mindlink, we look forward to your participation here and we are re-doing the Philosophy.org website and there is one individual who is trying to bring Russell together with Noetic into a building nearby. Again, warm welcome to the forum.

mindlink

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 04:18 pm
@Justin,
Thank you for the welcome, Justin. And thank you for including links to brief bio's of Walter Russell and Edgar Mitchell. I hope that the younger ones in the forum read them.

I have been associated with IONS for over seven years and have been fortunate to engage in some fascinating email discussions with Dr. Mitchell. But I was just referred to Walter Russell this month and have a lot of catching up to do. When I am better informed, I would be happy to help bridge this website with IONS.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » New guy says hello.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 04:42:57