Quick Intro

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Rannixx

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 07:21 pm
Obligatory introduction. I've come here, because I want to increase my certainty of my own environment. Philosophy isn't necessarily an interest mine, as anything that isn't directly gratifying to me is not of my direct interest. Nonetheless, I spring existential questions on random acquaintances I have online (as I cannot say I have any real 'friends') constantly parse and analyze things, and feel with great certainty that there is no God. I approach each with a half-cocked understanding of what logic is, and rely on what I believe to be my strongest gut feeling all of the time.

I'm a skeptic, and I can give you ample reasoning for my lack of belief in a creator (that's a subject I can toss around endlessly, as it does interest me a lot, more so than the bookish aspects of philosophy).

I have experienced a lot of pain in the past struggling with these questions, and I have experienced a lot of depression in general. My outlook is optimistic and bleak simultaneously, but I am deeply misanthropic and see people as mainly selfish beasts (and indeed selfishly altruistic at times).

Justin

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 09:40 pm
@Rannixx,
Didn't mean to miss yah Rannixx on the intro. Thank you for stopping by, registering and then introducing yourself. You sound like an interesting character and look forward to seeing you in the forums.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 02:59 am
@Justin,
Welcome to the forums.

Theaetetus

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 09:38 am
@Rannixx,
Welcome to the forums. Hopefully they can help you understand the world around you better.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 02:25:46