I am Vanya.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Vanya

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 10:51 am
I am Vanya.

I wanna stay sharp with details but am tired of PF. May not be long before I'm banned here, (this kind of segregated and choked forum makes me sick, but it is needed so as not to get too sloppy or deluded). Be a dove and PM about what you don't like so I don't have to re.reg once a week.

-Vlad

VideCorSpoon

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 01:08 pm
@Vanya,

Vanya

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 09:10 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
Quote:

But since you mention it, it would be interesting to explore those issues you underline about philosophy forums. In what way do you suppose the forum is segregated and choked?
There seem to be quite a few indexes. This is how the metropole works, a city is walls.

And a very detailed rules list.

I checked this forum out a year ago or so, laughed and left. I'm hoping there will be plenty of really detailed anal sorts here to learn from, as neuroticism has its virtues too.

Quote:
before the fact
That would be difficult. I just mean I'm hoping for a warning and deleted posts rather than just bans. But I see the rules have a 3 tier system, so that's nice.

Quote:
ducks
The duck is the most metaphysical of animals, it inhabits all three sides, land, water and sky.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/45/U25C1.gif

Kolbe

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 09:15 pm
@Vanya,
There are rules? Damn I should probably read those. Still, welcome, make yourself at home, don't perceive yourself as imprisoned by anything until you walk into a wall etc.

VideCorSpoon

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 12:18 am
@Kolbe,
qua-ck duck). LOL! Get it? Aristotle's Metaphysics Zeta chapter 2? Ontological substance? The nature of being? Being qua being? Qua as qua-ck? No? Anyone? Anyone???? Oh well.

As always, welcome to the forum!

Vanya

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 01:05 am
@VideCorSpoon,
VideCorSpoon wrote:

It is peculiar, I'll just leave it at that. If I didn't count wrong, I see 48.

Quote:
I guess if you were ever to find a forum with little or no rules, it's either filled with people that are very interested in the subject or no one at all.
"Funny enough" I'm involved in a little experiment of this sort. We'll see what happens over the next few months, it's only a few weeks in at the moment. I see a rule about not advertising other phil. boards, but I don't think competition will be a problem, for purely academic purposes -- here is the experiment for your perusal: ADVERTISING REMOVED

Quote:
Also, would a duck be a metaphysical animal. Seems more like you extol some sort of omnipresence upon the majestic duck with the realms it inhabits rather than the metaphysical aspects of duck being a duck in itself (duck qua-ck duck). LOL! Get it? Aristotle's Metaphysics Zeta chapter 2? Ontological substance? The nature of being? Being qua being? Qua as qua-ck? No? Anyone? Anyone???? Oh well.
That's just the sort of thing I was hoping for here. Text reference, quotes; that's damn nice to see. If you're curious, this was the post I saw that 'caused' me to register, http://www.philosophyforum.com/forum/philosophy-forums/existentialism/2818-existentialism-dead.html Names, dates, titles, nice!

Is there an ongoing board joke about birds or chickens going on here or something?

kennethamy

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 06:03 am
@Vanya,
Vanya wrote:
I am Vanya.

I wanna stay sharp with details but am tired of PF. May not be long before I'm banned here, (this kind of segregated and choked forum makes me sick, but it is needed so as not to get too sloppy or deluded). Be a dove and PM about what you don't like so I don't have to re.reg once a week.

-Vlad

Of course, you are not compelled to be on the forum, and you can depart whenever you like. Feel free. Just follow the rules. Rules are not imprisoning. In fact they liberate. No one could drive if there were not rules such as everyone drives on the right, and everyone stops for a red light.

VideCorSpoon

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 12:10 pm
@kennethamy,

Vanya

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 03:52 am
@VideCorSpoon,
kennethamy wrote:
Rules are not imprisoning. In fact they liberate. No one could drive if there were not rules such as everyone drives on the right, and everyone stops for a red light.

Let's discuss this in the threads; is there one going on this?

VideCorSpoon wrote:
The other site is interesting...
Google

See you in the threads!

Justin

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2009 09:40 am
@Vanya,
Vanya wrote:
I am Vanya.

I wanna stay sharp with details but am tired of PF. May not be long before I'm banned here, (this kind of segregated and choked forum makes me sick, but it is needed so as not to get too sloppy or deluded).

Welcome Vanya. Hope you find this place suitable.

Vanya wrote:
Be a dove and PM about what you don't like so I don't have to re.reg once a week.

Regging once a week is not an issue because once you are gone, your gone! A word to the wise, don't get yourself banned. Smile We're pretty laid back and friendly around these parts overall.

Vanya wrote:
I see a rule about not advertising other phil. boards, but I don't think competition will be a problem, for purely academic purposes -- here is the experiment for your perusal: ADVERTISING REMOVED

You seen the rule?... The link was removed. Please re-read the rules.

Again, warm welcome to you. In your profile there is a link to your forum which is not necessarily an issue. We do hope you enjoy the community.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 06:36:38