Hello all...

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 12:00 pm
A little about me - I'm a very new student to philosophy, and my only experience with the subject is a one-semester high school course, but I am extremely interested in philosophy.

One of the reasons I joined this forum was because the area in which I live doesn't offer a varied range of opinion, and the opinion of one person is often the concensus of the entire population.

I look forward to the discussions on the forum, and I'd very much like to further my education on this subject. Smile

NeverTheSame

PS: Also, please forgive my naivete in advance. As a high school student, I do not have much experience in the world yet. Thank you.

jgweed

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 01:03 pm
@NeverTheSame,
One of the important changes to the world brought about by the Internet is the ability to form communities of like interests without the limitation of spacial boundaries. If you are interested in philosophy, and more importantly in philosophical thinking, then you have found just such a community, composed of people from all over the world with many different perspectives and ways of approaching problems.
One of the ways one learns philosophy is by doing it, and our forums are perfect places to make the attempt. Asking questions, and contributing to the general discussions will not only clarify your thinking and ability to present your thoughts, but as well perhaps increase your knowledge of the subject and its many different positions. In a process of growing, we all realise that we cannot step into the same river twice.

Welcome to the Philforums.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 06:18:43