Hey what's going on?

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Hey what's going on?

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 02:09 pm
Hi everyone,

What philosophical topic do you get into an argument the most?

Joe

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 04:25 pm
@quantumnapkin,
Hey quantumnapkin, (cool name)

The topic that causes me to argue the most would be Social Philosophy. Why? I guess I'm more inclined to Empathy and dont see it alot where I live. This brings questions about social structuring. Which of course spreads out to other things. But, yeah I like Social philosophy.

Welcome to the forum.

jgweed

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 07:12 pm
@quantumnapkin,
Welcome to the Philosophy Forums!
I tend to get involved in many different topics, sometimes presenting a different opinion, sometimes attempting to help clarify definitions and arguments. I try, although without much success, to argue only against dogmatic opinion.

StupidBoy phil

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 01:03 am
@jgweed,
Welcome aboard. I try to avoid arguing in the usual connotation of the word. It rarely solves anything. I like to discuss philosophy in the science sub-category, but I argue the most in social philosophy. I stay entirely out of religion, it's a very touchy subject for me.

Holiday20310401

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 01:08 am
@StupidBoy phil,
Hi quantumnapkin, welcome to the forums. I'm currently arguing about what insanity is if you care to join me. Otherwise I invite you to join the chat room where arguments can get farther, quicker... or if you just want chit-chat... sometimes it's kinda like that. I think there's the most potential to argue in the metaphysics section IMO.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Hey what's going on?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 08:41:25