Hello philosopher girl

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Hello philosopher girl

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 08:09 pm
Hi I'm new to the forum. I hope to learn more about philosophy and possibly get some help on some topics that I will be posting. My interests include psychology and am currently trying to get into medical school to become a psychiatrist. If you have any tips on certain routes I should take that would be most helpful.

Holiday20310401

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 08:11 pm
@philosophergirl,
Welcome to the forums philosopher girl, that makes the count at 6 females.

philosophergirl

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 08:16 pm
@Holiday20310401,
name the users that are girls

by the way holiday do you know anyone who is battling with schizophrenia and avoidant personality disorder. I feel like I'm the only one in the world with this.

MITech

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 09:11 pm
@philosophergirl,
Hello, welcome to the forums. I myself am interested in psychiatry. I've been studying disorders and medications for quite some time now.

philosophergirl

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 09:19 pm
@MITech,
What disorders and medications have you been studying about. Can you recommend a medication for schizophrenia or avoidant personality disorder.

MITech

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2008 09:28 pm
@philosophergirl,
Well where do I begin. I've studied all of the personality disorders. Narssisistic, histrionic, antisocial, avoidant, borderline, dependent, schizoid, schizotypal, obsessive compulsive, and paranoid personality disorder. I've also studied anxiety disorders, eating disorders, sleeping disorders.

If you have anxiety I would recommend Celexa if you have anxiety with you avpd. Its not a first line treatment but I've used it and it works to some extent. For schizophrenia I don't know what in particular to recommend but there are many antipsychotics. Seroquel, risperadone, Zyprexa, Geoden, and Clozapine are the newest forms of antipsychotics out there at the moment.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Hello philosopher girl
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 05:21:49