Bonaventurian

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 07:36 pm
Hello all! I am currently a junior in college, pursuing a BA in philosophy. My primary interests are ancient/midieval philosophy, though I just spent a semester of what was, for all intents and purposes, for existentialism (I took a 3000 level class on German existentialism, and another 3000 level class on "moral responsibility," which ended up being another class in existentialism...oy).

I also currently have 5 semesters of Latin under my belt (ad vos omnes qui quoque loquuntur in hac lingua dico 'salve').

And...I'm a big fan of thrash metal, especially Metallica and Megadeth.

My philosophical "system" if you will generally tends to be a sort of Christian Platonism of St. Bonaventure's sort.

I look forward to debating with you all.

Didymos Thomas

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 08:26 pm
@Bonaventurian,
Welcome to the forums.

I'm taking my first Latin class in the Spring semester. I'm looking forward to the course.

Also sounds like you have good taste in music.

jgweed

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2008 11:23 am
@Bonaventurian,
We existentialists have a way of sneaking in to all sorts of classes! While I have studied Hellenistic philosophy and have concentrated on Modern Continental Philosophy, I know very little about the Medieval philosophers, so at least speaking for myself, it will be good to have someone with knowledge in that area here on the Forum in case I have questions!
Welcome to the Philforum!
Regards,
John

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 12:59:46