Warmest Greetings

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Warmest Greetings

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

JLP

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 10:31 am
Hello there!

My name is Justin, I am 26 years old, and currently a pre-law student.
I've been browsing the forums, and upon reaching my maximum number of "free" views, have decided to join and participate in some of the fine discussions so observed.

I relish life, and appreciate every opportunity to learn and improve myself. Exploration and discovery are my fuel, books my primary vessel of choice, and stoic introspection my rudder. When I'm not reading or studying, I tend to be outside traversing the woods or commiserating with various furry companions.

While generally rather social and (hopefully!) gregarious, I am also contrarily misanthropic in a manner that culminates somewhere along the lines of Twain, Hobbes, and Florence King. I've recently concluded that my disgust of human beings at large is likely due to my personal assessment of their largely wasted potential and continuous displays of stubborn ineptitude. Instead of growing terribly bitter or depressed by this appraisal, I try to let a sense of humor work its cathartic magic.

I'm looking forward to interacting here, and hope that I am able to contribute as much as I take away.

Thank you for having me.

Cheers!
:a-ok:

~ JLP

VideCorSpoon

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 10:50 am
@JLP,
Welcome Justin!

I'm sure you will enjoy the forum a good deal and make many friend along the way. It would be great to start up some more good discussion in the philosophy of law section.

I was just admitted to law school a while back and I am on hiatus time getting the moolah to pay for it. Especially in this type of economic downturn, loans are getting hard to come by at decent rates, even for professional schools.

But anyway, welcome to the forum. If you happen to have any questions regarding law school, the application process, the LSAT, etc. Just ask, I'm happy to lend a hand to a fellow member.

jgweed

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 10:58 am
@JLP,
The similarities between law and philosophy as intellectual disciplines should help to make you feel at home here. Welcome to the Philforum!
Regards,
John

William

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 11:18 am
@JLP,
JLP wrote:

While generally rather social and (hopefully!) gregarious, I am also contrarily misanthropic in a manner that culminates somewhere along the lines of Twain, Hobbes, and Florence King. I've recently concluded that my disgust of human beings at large is likely due to my personal assessment of their largely wasted potential and continuous displays of stubborn ineptitude. Instead of growing terribly bitter or depressed by this appraisal, I try to let a sense of humor work its cathartic magic.
~ JLP

Welcome. Let's hope in your misanthropathy you will be able to maintain your sense of humor as you begin to understand why we have the human condtion that stirs your disgust of human actions. You are in the right place that will, in hopes, allow you to arrive at that understanding. Again, welcome and enjoy your stay.

William

JLP

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 03:53 pm
@William,
Thank you all for the kind welcome!

Justin

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 07:43 pm
@JLP,
Great introduction JLP and thank You for it! Glad to hear that our front end marketing tactics on forcing a user to register after a teaser is actually working. Smile Good of you to be here and looks like you've stumbled in to a place you'll belong. Enjoy the community and we look forward seeing you in the forums.

JLP

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 08:57 pm
@Justin,
From one Ohio Justin to another, thank you most kindly!

:cool:

nameless

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 11:56 pm
@JLP,
JLP;38096 wrote:

A quote from Charlie Chaplin from behind the director's lens;
"From a distance, man is a comedy; up close, a tragedy."

But I have to follow it with a quote from Richard Bach;
"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly."
--Richard Bach

Peace

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Warmest Greetings
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 02:30:30