The return of an old member, with an apology.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » The return of an old member, with an apology.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Vasska

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 03:02 pm
As the title states an old member has returned to philosophyforum and brings an apology to those who remember the threads in which I was quite ignorant, blatant and probably much more. The word filter does not allow the use of certain words so I won't use them.

I reckon the members of philosophyforum to which I apologize will identify themselves looking at my nickname, and digging in their memory.

But what gives this sudden, and somewhat late apology? The reason might be education.

Over the past few months a lot of things have happend to me. I started to notice things, and became more critical on my surrounding, myself, and what I read and watch. Novels are great, but many essays, blogposts and some books changed perspective and offered valueable information, that broaded my horizon.

This broader horizon made me realize how many ignorant claims I have made, shouting for the sake of shouting and misinterpretation/presentation on many sources.
It made me sad I abandoned philosophyforum just because I felt my arguments were better at the time.

Not all my posts on philosophyforum were of this kind of course. But a fair share were. Since most topics appear to be archived and forgotten i won't mention them.

This new perspective, or broader horizon is still an ongoing proces, but it's getting there bit by bit. I want to join the ranks of the educated. I want to apologize for my ignorance.

Hope to see you, and many others on the forums.

Vasska

Didymos Thomas

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 03:05 pm
@Vasska,
No worries, friends. We're just glad to see you back on the forums.

Theaetetus

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 03:08 pm
@Vasska,
Life is a process of growth in which things we are ignorant towards are revealed. Welcome back.

VideCorSpoon

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 03:39 pm
@Theaetetus,
Great to see you back Vasska! Though the general landscape of the forum has changed a little since your absence, your contributions will definitely be a welcome sight.

Mr Fight the Power

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 03:45 pm
@Vasska,
As a member who is unfamiliar with your prior antics, you have a clean slate with me.

Welcome (back) to the forum.

jgweed

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 07:04 pm
@Vasska,
Realizing your earlier state is far better than an apology. Hopefully you have become, as we all are, an earnest seeker in your contributions to the philosophic dialogue.
Welcome,
John

Reply Wed 3 Dec, 2008 07:26 pm
@jgweed,
Now I want to know what he posted.

Vasska

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2008 12:53 pm
@avatar6v7,
Now I want to know what he posted.

It started out with a somewhat vague topic, and ended in a discussion about 9/11, World war I&II and the sinking of cruise ship by the Germans. And there are a few more including American Rednecks, and so on.

Don't bother to much about it. But if you really need to know and want to spend your time on it see my posting history.

Rose phil

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2008 08:56 pm
@Vasska,
As another member who is unfamiliar with your prior posts, you have a clean slate with me to. Welcome back.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » The return of an old member, with an apology.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 08:03:31