hello

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 03:23 am
O, about me in general. I used to have a lot of new and valid ideas in undergraduate school. I am now accepting mental disability but thought I might test the water's.
My favorite topic right now would be neural networks with regard to cartesian dualism :letme-at-em:
I really look forward to meeting people and am interested in what I could do to prepare for graduate school especially with regard to french and german or latin and hebrew readings.

Khethil

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 06:46 am
@mysterystar,
Welcome aboard Mysterystar,

I think you'll find this a great place to air out such topics and hope you come to enjoy it as much as we have.

Again, welcome!

jgweed

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 08:37 am
@mysterystar,
The preparation in fulfilling foreign language requirements for a higher degree will be determined by your major and its department. For the most part, all that is required is the ability to read a foreign language and the passages given are generally in the area of your major.
Welcome to the philosophy forums!
Regards,
John

mysterystar

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 12:50 pm
@mysterystar,
Thank you,
I took four quarters of german. This was tooprepare me for my first language tests majoring in philosophy.
I love German's tolerance of complex sentences. I also enjoy the prose philosophical tradition there. However, I haven't become proficient in reading. I started with a small book on Sidhartha by Hesse.
Do you know of anyone's first readings in German philosophy. Learning the first works people have read, I feel, would be very interesting.
Btw, I love this site so far.

jgweed

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 04:41 pm
@mysterystar,
Mysterystar, you might want to ask this question, about some philosophers to read in the original German after 4 quarters studying the language, in "Phil. 101."
Cheers,
John

Theaetetus

Reply Tue 2 Dec, 2008 08:25 pm
@mysterystar,
Glad to see you are settling into the community. Enjoy your stay here at this fine, obscure Internet destination.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 06/26/2024 at 05:09:08