Bock Bock

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 09:36 am
Bock Bock Bu-Kaw!

"Hello. I am both a chicken and blue: please, no question. I live on a farm in Idaho. My interests include grain, attempting to fly (not yet... but soon!) and the occasional peck at a human. My life is not eminently interesting, although I have not been turned into a sandwich filling yet so I am not compaining."

("But sometimes I dream, oh do I dream. I dream of being a 21-year old university student in rural Ontario, Canada. A philosophy student, no doubt. Where I can read my heart's fill of Kierkegaard, Derrida, Schopenhauer, Berkeley, Heidegger, Adorno and Pascal (who are, of course, my favourites) and apply them to my favourite areas of the philosophy of religion, music language and epistemology (even when everyone else tells me ethics are the way to go). My other interests include video games, my flute, the occasional (chronic) beer and a very poor selection of music and poetry. I am too shy for my own good, and while I rarely participate I am always paying attention. That is the stuff of dreams. Oh to live a life like that!")

:sarcastic:

Theaetetus

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 09:42 am
@BlueChicken,
Welcome BlueChicken. Sounds like you will be a fine addition to the forum based on your philosophers of interest and apparent sense of humor. You have found a fine area to peck around within.

jgweed

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 10:36 am
@BlueChicken,
I hope that after spending some time here, you will get over your shyness and become active in the forums where your contributions to the discussions will always be welcome.
Good to have you here.
Cheers,
John

Khethil

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 06:09 am
@BlueChicken,
Ah, how nice! We all should pursue our dreams so vigorously.

Welcome to the forums, I'm not sure if we have any other chickens here but you'll find us pretty accepting.

So welcome again and watch out for those chasing you with hachets!

PS. Very nice intro; love creativity!

xris

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 08:33 am
@Khethil,
are you laying at the moment ? i found if i changed my diet the eggs became so much more satisfying to my outlook on life, i no longer yearn for those weird human experiences..welcome fellow hen ive saved a perch for you..xris

Salo phil

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2008 05:58 am
@BlueChicken,
Welcome! I love your intro.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:48:51