Greetings

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 12:43 pm
Hey everyone

I've been reading these forums the past couple days and I really like the vibe of this place compared to a lot of the philosophy forums out there.

Looking forward to jumping into the community!

See you around

Justin

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 02:09 pm
@rhinogrey,
Warm welcome to you Rhinogrey! Thanks for the compliments on this place and hope you enjoy the forums. I'm sure you'll fit right in. Thanks for the introduction!

jgweed

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 06:51 pm
@rhinogrey,
Welcome to the PhilForum. I am curious about what "vibes" you liked here as opposed to other philosophy forums.
Regards,
John

Khethil

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 07:56 pm
@jgweed,
Well jump on in! Happy to have you.

Welcome!

rhinogrey

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 10:26 pm
@jgweed,
jgweed wrote:
Welcome to the PhilForum. I am curious about what "vibes" you liked here as opposed to other philosophy forums.
Regards,
John

The members don't seem as elitist as a lot of other places.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! :bigsmile:

jgweed

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 09:57 am
@rhinogrey,
That is precisely why I joined!
There is an unwritten understanding in the community not found elsewhere, that we are all seekers after the truth without having it already in our pocket. Those with a stronger background in philosophy use it not to elevate themselves at the expense of others, but to help others in the community add to their knowledge and clarify their philosophical thinking about issues and positions.
Thanks for the answer to my question.
John

sarek

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 03:46 pm
@rhinogrey,
Welcome to the forums rhinogrey.

Your observations are correct. Openness of mind prevails on this forum. It is clear that a genuine feeling of wishing to catch that elusive beast called truth is shared by the members here.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 08:21:07