Glad to meet you

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 11:02 am
I did philosophy as a subsidiary subject at university a few decades ago but haven't really had much opportunity since. I'm primarily interested in philosophy of science, different types of explanation and linguistic philosophy. I'm looking forward to seeing whether much has changed

jgweed

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 11:50 am
@Lord Lucan,
Welcome to the forum!
While I not current on philosophy of science myself, I suspect that especially in the general area of biology, the new discoveries may have suggested new problems (at least from a practical horizon). Much of the current interest (perhaps fads is a more descriptive word) in philosophy ("post-modern," deconstruction) stems from the major thinkers of the sixties and seventies.
Regards,
John

boagie

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 12:44 pm
@Lord Lucan,
Lord Lucan, LORD LUCAN.COM The official website for the missing 7th Earl of Lucan.

:detective:It take it this is our inspirational name? Well, welcome aboard the good ship philosophy forum. Settle in and make yourself at home, you will need to post a few response posts before being allowed to post a new topic. Again Lord Lucan, a most hardy welcome!! Lord Lucan I presume? boagie

Rose phil

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 01:40 pm
@Lord Lucan,
http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q462/fairladyblue/welcome3.jpg

xris

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 01:43 pm
@Rose phil,
Im glad you found your way home..welcome xris..

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 04:50:31