New to forum - relatively inexperienced.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » New to forum - relatively inexperienced.

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 11:11 pm
Hello, I'm new to the forum (obviously).

I'm a senior in high school with a limited formal philosophical education; however, I have done plenty of reading on my own. So if I say something particularly dense, correct me or whatever.

I am very interested in continental philosophy (Nietzshe, mostly), Eastern religions (Zen Buddhism and Taoism, mostly), but I'd like to be exposed to as much different "styles" of philosophical thought as possible.

I'm technically a skeptical atheist, but my religious search is far from over. I do like Taoism a lot. Just saying.

Um...I think that's it.

Hope y'all are as nice as you seem. :a-ok:

jgweed

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 11:18 pm
@TheFlyingAsian,
I am sure we can have a lively discussion of Nietzsche and modern continental philosophy,since these have been my primary interest for some time; others will wish to discuss Eastern thought with you.
Welcome to the Philforum!
Regards,
John

boagie

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 11:27 pm
@TheFlyingAsian,
TheFlyingAsian,Smile

Welcome to the forum!! People here are all at verious levels, some extremely well read and if not professional certainly boardering on it. All that is required is an active curiousity. If it is intellectual stimulation your looking for, your in the right place. So, welcome aboard the good ship philosophy forum! I am sure you will enjoy the community, and I am equally sure the community will enjoy you as part of said community. Note: You cannot post a new topic until you have a number of response posts under your belt, after which you can post any philosophical topic you desire to explore. boagie

Didymos Thomas

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 11:55 pm
@boagie,
Welcome to the forums!

Looks like we have some of the same interests. I look forward to talking with you on the forums.

Theaetetus

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 02:26 am
@TheFlyingAsian,
Good old Green Bay. I remember living there. Seems to be one of the inspirations that lead to my lonely life as a philosopher. Welcome to the forum you Flying Asian. Hope you find that which you seek.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » New to forum - relatively inexperienced.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/26/2024 at 04:43:42