Philosophy of Religion interested newcomer

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Philosophy of Religion interested newcomer

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 08:26 pm
Well, I couldn't have another "hello" title, but consequently I've given you my main area of interest. Within that field I am generally interested in the Problem of Evil & the possibility of everlasting punishment, but have more recently become interested in the attributes of God, God's relationship to time, and the connection between God & physics. I will probably venture onto other forums, but will frequent the Philosophy of Religion one.

I got my B.A. in Philosophy & Art. Now I'm working as a tutor and preparing for grad school.

Growing up I always loved thinking about tough questions and solving mental puzzles. When I found philosophy I was thrilled, and when I discovered the section that could connect my religion I found my calling. I am a fairly conservative Christian, and am a left-leaning Republican (though I voted for Obama). That's about it.:bigsmile:

Didymos Thomas

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 08:29 pm
@Axis Austin,
Welcome to the forums. There is a great deal of discussion going on in the philosophy of religion section, so I expect you will find many topics of interest.

jgweed

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 08:39 pm
@Axis Austin,
Welcome to the forums!
Religion and the philosophy of religion (two distinct topics) are always being discussed, and many differing perspectives are offered by our diverse Membership, so I am sure you will find threads of interest soon enough.
Regards,
John

sarek

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 10:11 am
@Axis Austin,
Welcome to the forum Axis Austin,

We have already met, I am looking forward to more.

boagie

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 11:00 am
@Axis Austin,
Axis Austin,Smile

Welcome aboard Texas, don't mess with Texas, great slogan!! You sound like a most interesting chap, you will enjoy yourself here is my bet! So again Welcome aboard the good ship philosophy forum. You will not be able to post a new topic until you have a few response posts under your belt, after that you are free to post any new philosophical topic you wish to explore. boagie

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » Philosophy of Religion interested newcomer
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 10:49:25