Hello from Me!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 02:56 pm
Hey, I'm a friend of bk-thinkaboom, whom most of you probably don't know anyway, but still.
Well, I thought I'd better make an introduction page, although I'm not very good with introductions, as you can probably tell.

Where to start? Well, I'm a student doing my GCSEs at the moment, but in my free time (mainly at lunchtimes) I like to contemplate on life and also come up with some rather unusual theories from time to time.
Why? Well, I like thinking and, therefore, like philosophy. I'm also interested in psychology, so am quite a deep thinker in general.

Faith-wise, I'm an agnostic-theist. Yes, I know you can't really be both, but I feel - almost know - that there is a God, but I don't belong to a specific religion. For somebody like myself, who is almost purely logical, it seems quite strange. I guess it's to do with the way I was brought up...
Anyway, you'll probably hear more about that in another thread.

I joined because I'm a bit fed up of coming up with loads of wacky theories, as well as slurring out essays on 'heavy' topics, when nobody has a clue what I'm going on about. Therefore, I am keen to get my thoughts and feeling out to people I can have a proper discussion/ debate with.

Well, thanks!

Joshy

Joe

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 02:38 am
@Joshy phil,
Whats up Joshy

Welcome to the Forum. Good people, Good discussions.

Icon

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 07:19 am
@Joshy phil,
Welcome Welcome.

Philoforum is the place to be if you have wacky theories and want proper discussion. I've got a few myself so I'm sure we can find some common ground. Enjoy yourself and feel free to post about.

boagie

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 12:34 pm
@Icon,
Joshy,Smile

Welcome to the philosophy forum, I think we all know what it is like when you cannot get the intellectual stimulation from your own peer group, it is not everyones cup of tea. At anyrate you sound like a most interesting young guy/gal, so settle back and make yourself at home, your in the right place, Welcome aboard Joshy!! boagie

Joshy phil

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 03:13 pm
@boagie,
Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody!Smile

As you may have noticed, it hasn't taken me long to get stuck in. To be honest, I'm pleasantly surprised by the great range of controversial issues covered throughout the forum.

Rose phil

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 03:39 pm
@Joshy phil,
http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q462/fairladyblue/welcome3.jpg

sarek

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 01:17 pm
@Joshy phil,
Joshy wrote:

Faith-wise, I'm an agnostic-theist. Yes, I know you can't really be both, but I feel - almost know - that there is a God, but I don't belong to a specific religion. For somebody like myself, who is almost purely logical, it seems quite strange.

Oh sure, you can definitely be both. I am. It is just a matter of perspective, as I am so fond of saying.

Welcome to the forums, Joshy.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 09:14:03