Brian from NC

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 07:00 pm
Hello members of "Philosophy Forum".

I am an 18 year old male from North Carolina, USA. I am currently a freshman in college, and I am working on earning a degree in biology, then I will matriculate into a pharmacy school. Not so long ago, I acquired an interest in philosophy, and I registered on these forums to further enhance my knowledge on philosophy. I don't know a whole lot about the subject yet, but I hope to learn as time goes by.

Aedes

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 07:56 pm
@NCBrianS,
Hey Brian,
Where are you in NC?

boagie

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 12:36 pm
@NCBrianS,
Brian,Smile

Welcome aboard the good ship philosophy forum, an active curiosity will fit in here just fine. Make yourself at home Brian, and think about that first post, will it be in response to something or to start a new topic you wish to explore? Again welcome, we are pleased to have you with us! boagie:D

NCBrianS

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 12:49 pm
@Aedes,
Aedes;30717 wrote:
Hey Brian,
Where are you in NC?
I'm on the middle eastern side, about 50 miles from the beach.

Deftil

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 02:02 pm
@NCBrianS,
Hello Brian. I'm not TOO far from you, over in VA. Smile

Brian phil

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 03:48 pm
@NCBrianS,
From one Brian to another, I bid you Welcome! Smile

Aedes

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 03:51 pm
@NCBrianS,
Gotcha, are you at East Carolina? I'm on the faculty at Duke, so farther inland.

NCBrianS

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 09:17 pm
@Aedes,
I hate to embarrass myself, but I go to a community college and i'm in my first year. After two years, I will transfer to a 4 year institution, probably UNCW. I'm in a community college because I was a feckless student in high school, but now i'm devoted and doing quite well.

Aedes

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 09:43 pm
@NCBrianS,
Nothing to be embarrassed about! In this climate where the economy is so unstable, a lot of young people are driven out of education because of the pressure to start earning a living right away. So you should be proud of yourself for pursuing a goal and developing yourself, it's a big commitment and investment wherever you happen to be!

VideCorSpoon

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2008 11:07 pm
@Aedes,
Welcome NCBrianS!

I'm sure you will enjoy yourself on the forum and learn a good deal of things.

Is there any particular area of philosophy you are interested in?

(also, as a side note, many universities have summer bridge programs that take prospective students on a trial basis from high schools and community colleges. Just a thought if you wanted to cut those two years down. Though, here in Philadelphia and pretty much everywhere else, community college students are just as good as university students. University is basically an expensive day care system anyway. Knowledge is knowledge no matter where it comes from.)

Deftil

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 03:20 pm
@NCBrianS,
Embarressed about community college? There's nothing to be embarressed about when you are getting your early college years taken care of at a reasonable price. I've heard people say that going to a big, expensive school for your first couple years is nothing but a waste anyway.

Just keep trying to better yourself and do your best no matter where you are in life, and in my book, you're living a life that you can be proud of.

Rose phil

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2008 05:51 pm
@NCBrianS,
Welcome to the Philosophy Forum

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 06/17/2024 at 01:48:21