Hi!

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 06:19 am
Hi,

Just thought that i should introduce myself so here goes. My name is Katie, I am eighteen and an Undergraduate at Uni for a joint degree in Lit and Philosophy. I have very little previous experience of Philosophy and will probably be posting lots of questions on this board.

Talk to you soon!
x x x

VideCorSpoon

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 06:57 am
@Kooks phil,
Welcome Katie!

Philosophy forum is a great place to get different perspectives on all things philosophy and literature. We have a creative writing section and a book review section in case you're interested. One of the girls in my capstone grad class was a lit and phil double major as well and did her undergraduate thesis on Jane Austen and post modern feminism. It was actually quite good aside from the fact that she linked everything contemporary to Austen. Huge fan by the way. I've seen Sense and Sensibility

boagie

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 08:23 am
@Kooks phil,
Kooks,Smile

Katie, welcome to the forum, you will find the stimulation you are looking for here I believe. Make yourself at home Katie, we are most pleased to have you with us!! boagie

jgweed

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 11:09 am
@Kooks phil,
I began as a Comp Lit major, but soon found myself drawn to philosophical literature (for example Mann, Hesse, Sartre); after a stint as a History major, I finally made the plunge by changing my Major to Philosophy which ended up a permanent decision.
I have always remained interested, though, in the almost inevitable alliance between the greatest literature and philosophy (one has only to think of Goethe or Shakespeare).
I am sure we shall have many discussions in the weeks to come, and remember that you can always ask questions about what you are reading and rely on our Members to provide perspectives and insights.
Welcome to the PhilForums!
Regards,
John

Rose phil

Reply Mon 10 Nov, 2008 03:37 pm
@Kooks phil,
http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q462/fairladyblue/welcome3.jpg

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 08:31:29