"All men by nature desire knowledge."-Aristotle

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » "All men by nature desire knowledge."-Aristotle

Get Email Updates Email this Topic Print this Page

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 05:10 pm
Hello everyone. I would like to first start off by saying that I am very excited to have found this forum. I am a college student who has found great interest in the field of philosophy, ethics to be specific. I enjoy learning about classic ethical concepts, applying them to modern situations, and seeing the different ways they may be viewed by society. Although I have a very small amount of knowledge in this field (I am an accounting major) I try my best to learn as much as possible from as many different points of view.

There is a specific ethical issue that has crossed my mind lately so I have come here to discuss it. I'll be posting it in the Ethics section so if you have time please check it out.

jgweed

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 05:56 pm
@BigBlockin,
Interestingly enough, you have begun your introduction here with the very first sentence that introduces Aristotle's Metaphysics, and in this simple declarative sentence resides (or hides) much of what philosophy is.
Welcome to the forums!
Regards,
John

Theaetetus

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 09:32 pm
@BigBlockin,
Welcome to the forums! I am always glad to see others that are interested in the ancient philosophers...and ethics.

1. Philosophy Forum
  2. » New Member Introductions
  3. » "All men by nature desire knowledge."-Aristotle
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 08:16:13